“Odds on favourite”
Review of York Racecourse

York Racecourse
Ranked #23 of 206 things to do in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Our office hours for enquiries are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please visit our website for York Races Fixtures, which often include Saturdays.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Never been to York racecourse before but will certainly return again at some point. Finding the place is easy with good signage off the A64. The car parking is controlled by experienced stewards which made our drive in easier. We did notice disabled parking near to the main entrance which is good. There's several places that you can go into and even be upgraded but we chose to pay the £22 admission fee into the grandstand. The buildings were clean and staff excellent. There's a large screen to watch the racing from as well. Only moan is the rice of the alcohol (£4.00 for lager) but that's par for the course isn't it?

1  Thank Kevan_12

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I happened to be here on the race day. Right from my train from Huddersfield to York and back, it was packed with these people. If you are taking the city sight seeing bus, I suggest you stay away from the race course area till everyone settles inside else you will waste time in traffic. If you wanna camp! The car park turns into a camping zone after the race is over on race days. The pubs are also packed on those evenings.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Lovely racecourse close to the city centre with free parking!
The facilities and location are excellent.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Amazing hospitality courtesy of Batleys Cash and Carry. Amazing food service and very friendly people. First time at the races for me. Thank you for making it a memorable experience for me!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better racecourses I have been to. I have been lucky enough to do both the corporate and standard days out.

Last weekend we went to the races and saw the racing and te Kaiser chiefs for £19. superb value for a full day out!

The racing is good, plenty of choice for bookies, the food Is good, the facilities are also of a decent standard.

The course itself is super, you can get close to the action and there is plenty of seating.

I would go again definitely!