2,844 results
All reviews train station ncp car park modern hotel complimentary breakfast the breakfast area city centre free wifi the sofa bed inside the city walls excellent hotel buffet style good size few minutes walk walk in shower shower gel reception staff beans
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on a 4 night break, an easy 10 minute walk from the station, not far from the Micklegate.
First impressions on the outside weren't too good there was a huge building or demolition project going on next door to the hotel but in fairness our hotel itself was really nice.
Check in time was stated at 3pm we arrived about 1 o clock and our room was ready so no hanging around needed.
We had a 3rd floor twin room which had coffee/tea making facilities free safe and wi-fi.
The shower had built in dispensers for the shampoo/conditioner/body wash quite eco friendly, a nice touch!
The only (minor) issues we had was our room was a little small and claustrophobic and storage space was a little lacking but overall not a big deal.
The buffet breakfast was rather nice if you get there early (ideally before 8am as it can get quite busy) .
Location wise it's about a 10 minute walk from the city centre so ideal for exploring the best of what York has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and If you are not already a HHonors member, you may be interested to know that it's free to join and you can earn points towards free stays and much more. It couldn't be easier! Just book through hampton.com to get your points.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night as we wrapped in one day in York in between longer durations in London and Edinburgh. York is a charming town, and this hotel is a very modern and clean option located less than five minutes' walk from the train station. And York is very compact so you'll have no trouble getting anywhere on foot from here. We walked all over the town, to the Minster and the Castle and all throughout the center of town and this hotel made it all very accessible. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast (included in the stay) provided a variety of options. (There was a sign by the elevator warning people of when the most crowded times were, and breakfast was indeed very crowded when we went downstairs for it, but there's ample seating.) There are a few pubs and (it appears) at least one nightclub across the street, so I am not sure if it could get noisy. We were there on a Monday night and it was very quiet even with a room facing the street. I would recommend this option to tourists visiting York.

Room Tip: Might be best to be on the back side of the hotel if you're staying on a weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our team friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here. We requested for a clean, quiet room and were pleased with a room that even came with a view of the York wall. There was construction within view but there was no noice disturbance excerpt for the occasional kids running and shouting, and door slamming from neighboring rooms.
Location was excellent. Very easy walking to car rental, city center and railway station.
Breakfast was very good (the best we had on our UK trip so far) and buffet items were replenished very quickly. Breakfast area was always crowded at different times we were there but the staff clean the tables very quickly.
Check in and check out staff were cheerful, friendly, helpful and efficient!
Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CalJ0

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our cheerful, friendly, helpful and efficient.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed on business for one night. Great hotel just near the station. Parking nearby at the NCP which is discounted by the hotel.
Room was typical Hampton, clean and spacious with everything you need.
Really helpful staff in the hotel and the pizza service was fab. Ready and available for me to collect in 10 mins.
Breakfast was a help yourself affair. Enough choice to have a good breakfast and the staff were again very polite and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our team helpful and polite and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

The hotel is very conveniently situated to the train station. I had booked and paid in advance and the whole booking in experience was brilliant. The front desk staff were efficient and friendly and it only took a couple of minutes from walking up to the desk to be on our way to the room! The hotel is quite modern and the room (we were in 131) had all of the amenities one would expect. There were building works going on outside but we arrived on a Friday and the site was closed - so no disturbance. There is no view from the window. Town is a brief and pleasant walk from the hotel. The bathroom was brilliant with good quality soaps provided and a decent shower. The wifi was fast and stable. Breakfast was a busy affair with a huge selection that was constantly being topped up by the staff. (It annoys me at the wastage by some of the tourists who dish up for an army and then end up leaving half their plate of food! This is very selfish wastage.)

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our team efficient and friendly and that you liked our amenities we have to offer.