“Great accommodations”

Hampton by Hilton York
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

First stay in England and was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Rooms were spacious for European style and decorated very tastefully. Breakfast was included with a variety of options not just a continental breakfast with cold cereal and rolls. You have options with hot sausage, bacon and eggs along with fresh fruit salads and choices of coffee, lattes and teas. Easy walk to the trains and center city. Only downside is it is tucked just behind the main thoroughfare and a tad bit hard to find.

Great time and great location for our stay. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank William M
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also nice to hear you liked the variety we offer for breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed there for a long weekend in May with 2 children (11 and 3).

It is a basic Hilton with decent facilities. Clean room and bathroom. Not the usual Hilton breakfast but was ok. It is within walking distance from the most attractions and restaurants / cafes.

The hotel reception needs to have a bit more information about the attractions eg. york minister abbey opening times on bank holiday mondays as their website was not useful. It is not a criticism but would be helpful for their guests if they knew.

The locations is great, rooms are smaller but clean and breakfast is decent. The NCP car park is next door which is not bad.

Room Tip: Getting to the hotel can be tricky (despite having undated Sat Nav). Work your route in the city wel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the location of the hotel and hope you enjoyed your long weekend in York.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding York attractions. I will ensure this is shared with my Front Desk Manager so that she can look to improve in this area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

First ever trip to York and stayed at the excellent Hampton hotel. It's in a great location close to the city walls and only a 10 min walk to the Minster and other attractions. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was fantastic and there was plenty of it as well. It really set up my day nicely to go sightseeing. The room itself was good with plenty of space. I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation for those that fancy coming to this superb city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and would recommend it and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also nice to hear we had everything you needed for breakfast!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel is in a great location for walking to all the places to see while in York. Parking is in the NCP car park approx 200 yards from the hotel, cost was 12 pounds per 24hrs. There is no free parking anywhere in York.
Hotel was very nice, it's a very new property, the Hampton free breakfast was so much better than what we are used to here in the US. Freshly cooked bacon, sausages, tomatoes, scrambled eggs & baked beans.
Breakfast coffee & tea machines served pretty undrinkable brews, I opted for purchasing from the bar behind reception, good espresso etc.
Room was nice although a little smaller than the rooms here in the US, there were 4 of us " 2 kids ages 10 & 13 who slept on the sofa bed. It was sufficient & comfortable.
No pool at the hotel which my 10yr old daughter was not to pleased about but with so much to do and see in the city & surrounding area the pool issue was soon forgotten.
Staff were wonderful & very helpful.
The hotel does not have any laundry capability, only to send out for cleaning at silly prices. I'm sure there would have been a launderette close by, we just took ours to a local one just outside the city.
I would give the hotel 9 out of 10 & 10 out of 10 had the rooms been a little bigger.

Room Tip: All rooms were the same, no good views from any rooms as the hotel is located in a area surrounded b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also really glad you liked the breakfast we offer.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Hampton by Hilton York hotel provided an excellent environment and facilities, helpful staff and good food which made a positive contribution to a super mini break in York during Le Tour de France weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Tour de France, and I was delighted you found the staff friendly.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Check the alarm clock radio hasn't been set by the previous occupant - ours went off at 6am on a Saturday morning! Ouch! Small room and service station feel to breakfast arrangements. Fine, but only if you get a really cheap deal. There are much nicer hotels in York for less.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Rebecca T

Thank you for your review of the Hampton by Hilton York

Please accept my apologies regarding the alarm clock. The housekeeping team have been reminded to check that all alarm clocks are not set when cleaning rooms, in order that an incident of this nature does not happen again. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I was sorry to hear that we failed to deliver your expecations with the breakfast we offer. We are constantly reviewing the products we offer, and your feedback will be extremely important to us when deciding what to offer our guests in the future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback to us, and I do hope you will choose to stay with the Hilton brand in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay on Fri 4th July (just before the tour de France). Managed to get 2 rooms for £84 each (through Hotels.com) with breakfast on the Monday before. Very reasonable price as the hotel was very close to the city centre (5/10 min walk). Got there after 10pm so Tanner Row car park closed but luckily a space on the street outside (£2).Very good breakfast the next morning. Only negative was that I booked 1 double and 1 twin room but got 2 twins which was a bit annoying but only for 1 night.

Overall def recommend and would revisit but if driving get there before 10pm!

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel (214/218) but no noise at all from nightclubs outside. If on this...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

I was sorry to hear you were given a twin room instead of a double. Unfortunately as I do not have your details it is difficult to investigate why this happened as we would certainly never change a reservation from a double room to a twin, so I can only assume something has happened when this has come through to the hotel from the agent you booked with. I would however be happy to look into this for you if you e-mail me on QQYTG_Hampton@hilton.com with your details.