“Great”
Review of Reel Cinema

Reel Cinema
Ranked #20 of 30 Fun & Games in York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

After reading some of these reviews i worried about taking my children.. well i can honestly say it was great and the kids loved it and want to return here rather then the vue.. it was friendly, clean and we loved it... i hadnt been in this cinema for over 30 years and it was great going back to the place where i used to go as a child...

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have never felt obliged to write a negative review on TA before as I believe in the philosophy "if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all". However last night I was absolutely appalled by the stench of Screen 2 at Reel. It smelt worse than the toilets at Glastonbury. It was a horrendous smell of human faeces and we left half way through watching Gravity (in 3D). I told the staff as we walked out and she said "we have told the council about the drains"!
Last week we went to watch a film on Screen 4 (the small one at the top) and the seats there had a horrible foisty stench which ruined the film. We live directly opposite the Reel Cinema and it is such a shame that it is so awful. Last night was revolting and I would like a response from the management and find out what was causing the smell.

3  Thank Ben G
Reviewed November 9, 2013

There were no teabags left and the hot chocolate tasted of nothing :(
A member of staff came to find us when it was time to go into the cinema - a nice touch :)
The seats were uncomfortable and the cinema was stinking of something that smelt like 3-day old dirty nappies :(
It was remarkably cheap :)

2  Thank MollyMac2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just make sure you have proof of ID even for under 16s...arrogant manageress expects parents to bring identity for their children......very poor service...just watch out for “ no refund policy ” absolute rubbish and not legal , if they do not supply a service then they cannot charge for this ...so Reel ....want to put this to the test? In trying to support the smaller cinemas it's noticeable what poor service is on offer ...wouldn't take the risk again.....quite a dirty disorganised foyer , messy queues . Pity I can't me give it minus 10

2  Thank Sickofbeingrippedoff