“C&ODublin”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #196 of 887 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Rush, Ireland
“C&ODublin”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had dinner here on our recent visit to York and was somewhat disappointed. I had been in another of Jamies Italian before and was looking forward to the meal. My husband had a burger which he was pleased with. However, I had a Prawn Linguine dish which was supposed to be garlicy prawns etc. in tomato sauce. All I tasted was the tomato, very little garlic flavour and the prawns were over-cooked and chewy - I would have done better myself!

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Newton-le-Willows, England, United Kingdom
“gave it a chance”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I must admit I find Jamie Oliver really irritating and had avoided going to his restaurant because of this. However after a long day walking round York we thought we would give it a go, and I am glad we did.
The service was really good (although we had to ask for a wine cooler ) really good menu ,appealing to lots of different tastes. I had the mozzarella and tomato to start, really fresh flavours, followed by the meatballs, again really tasty .Having enjoyed the food so much we both ordered Tiramisu , big mistake ,it was so disappointing and nothing like what you would normally get. The cheese tasted like philladelphia rather than the soft delicate flavour of marscapone and it just didnt taste nice. However ,when we told the waitress, the manager came over ,apologised and offered an alternative, no quibbles, really attentive service. I would recommend this if you are looking for Italian flavours with a twist ,but avoid the Tiramisu if you are purist of Italian desserts.

• Visited June 2014
“Mmmmmm”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited this little gem yesterday while on a day trip to York. Absolutely beautiful food, brilliant service, and the place was gorgeous. My husband had the chicken with asparagus, peas and a lovely salad with not a bit of horrid lettuce in sight. I had pasta with beef & turkey in a wonderful tomato sauce. Delicious! Only one point to raise and that is there was too much, the menu was amazing in itself then the server threw the specials in and it's was a bit "food overload" but that's all. Would definitely recommend this restaurant as a place to try.

Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meals each time we have gone.”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have been twice now to Jamie's and will look forward to our next visit. The rustic look and relaxed atmosphere with helpful staff made us feel very welcomed. We have been both on an evening and a lunch and have had equally top rated food, my mother in law always has lasagne each time she eats in an Italian and she swears it was the best she has tasted. We loved the unusual bread starters, all had different meals and couldn't find anything bad to say about it. Lunch times are casual and the night is a mix of both, some people dressed up and others dressed down. I must say that before we tried Jamie's restaurant we were dubious, thinking it might not live up to his name, but we were very pleasantly surprised. Try it, you won't be disappointed. Oh and it is not expensive, so if you are watching your pennies you can choose smaller sizes of meals if you want to!

• Visited November 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Went with trepidation but was pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Spotted Jamie's Italian tucked away and booked there and then for the evening although no tables available until 8.45pm. Still - thought that was a good sign. Then checked the TripAdvisor reviews and saw that they were mixed so it was with some trepidation that we went.

Apart from the table not being ready at 8.45, and I guess they can't do much about slow diners, the food was fantastic and the service friendly. From the mixed reviews I can only assume that it depends who is working that night! All I can say is I was happy, as was the rest of my party, including my Brother in Law who had the Pork Scratchings for dessert!

Visited May 2014