“Enjoyable and good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #193 of 859 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
scarborough
“Enjoyable and good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and i dined here today after calling in on the chance of getting a table. Fortunate enough to get a table. From start to finish, the experience was one of fine dining. Waiter was very informative and helpful in discussing the menu and all the ingredients. The only negative was that in my Lamb Ragu with pappardelle pasta i found two chunks of bone. The food was absolutely delicious and this spoilt the experience a little. To be fair when i pointed it out to the waiters they couldnt be more apologetic and gave us complimentary desserts. the portion size was large , i was glad we had only had the breads and a main course. The whole dining experience is a pleasure with jamies signature serving boards etc.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very tasty food in and a great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Didn't know the restaurant was there until we spotted it. I had the pork belly special main with garlic chips that my partner ate most of. Didn't look like a big meal on the plate but was spot on. I had the winter fruit pair dessert that had a spicy flavour. We had cocktails. I had 2 of the mojito's that weren't alcoholic to my delight as I'm teetotal. My partner enjoyed the night too. Thanks. One of the nicest meals I've had out.

• Visited December 2012
North Wales
“Given that this was Jamie Oliver's Restaurant the cost of our meal was very surprisingly low”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My partner and I dined at Jamie's restaurant and we were bowled over by the food we ate, it was beyond our expectations (which are quite high!), the lady who served us was very experienced in waitressing as she made us instantly feel welcome was very helpful and chatty without us feeling like she was another person at our table.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank donnajames99
Amlwch, United Kingdom
“A great meal and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We ate here after finding it by chance, booked a table and were completely blown away by the quality of the food. Our waitress was very good and always had a smile for us.

Visited January 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Not terrible, not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

As a huge fan of Jamie Oliver I was very excited to see this restaurant being opened up. The place itself is beautiful and the atmosphere was amazing. However that's probably where my amazement ended. I didn't order a starter but I tried bits of my friends, wasn't amazed by any of it, nor was I blown away with my main. The food all in all was ok but nothing spectacular. My main concern which put me off the most was the fact I went in during the morning to book my table for the evening, when I returned many of the staff were still on shift, the place had been packed all day and the staff looked exhausted and stressed. A main priority in that kind of industry is to take care of your staff, when a waiter finally came to serve us we hardly got any attention from him as he was rushed off his feet and then he got our order wrong!!

• Visited September 2012