“Worth walking out of the city to visit”
Review of Me and Mrs Fisher

Me and Mrs Fisher
Ranked #21 of 49 Coffee & Tea in York
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family owned and run cafe, with amazing Minster and City Walls views. Serving fresh, home-made food, daily and cooked to order. Including a wide range of Vegetarian and Vegan savoury and sweet, including Vegan Cream Tea. Probably the best scones in Yorkshire!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited Me and Mrs Fisher late October following high recommendation from a colleague. I only tried tea and Carrot cake but it was lovely, so very English. They so so many different snacks, meals and traditional cakes, please take a walk out of the city centre and visit this delight.

2  Thank Trish G
There are newer reviews for Me and Mrs Fisher

Reviewed October 14, 2012

another trip to this delightful cafe, we had the soup & freshly good bread roll & fresh coffee. It really is a lovely place to meet friends with the added bonus of delicious fresh food. Ths staff make you feel very welcome , which really does add to the experience.
If you need cheering up, this is the place to go.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We popped in here as we had parked nearby and there were free tables... So glad we did. The place is amazing... Beautifully done out... Great food but the best bit was the service and how great they were with the kids :)
Definitely go you'll love it but get in before 1 as the tables soon filled up!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My 10 year old took me here at the weekend following a Saturday afternoon treat he,d had a few weeks previous with friends. He said I'd love it and I can confirm my 10 year old knows me well.

What surprised me most on first entering is just how much bigger it is on the inside. Appearances can be deceptive. We were greeted by some of the most friendly staff ive ever encountered. We ordered homemade soup which was Pea and mint and thought I fancied soup i wasn't mad for pea and mint. I was so wrong, it was absolutely divine. It was beautifully presented. My son had a cheese scone and we declared it the best we've had in York. I had coffee, he had milk and it was a true treat.
The other wonderful thing about the place is the items they also have on sale. Some great gifts and we purchased a few. As if this isn't enough they also run quilt making classes, knitting classes and other varieties of needle craft/sewing. Wow what a place.
This is without doubt our new favourite cafe.
Don't just think about going in, make a conscious effort and decide to go in soon, you will, I guarantee not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My idea of paradis this...eat surrounded by hand made crafts,fabrics and sewing things! I've been there three times now and consider it a ust when I am in York...lovely cakes and tea/coffee etc served at delightful vintage table. Very friendly staff. Very reasonable prices. Lovely to look around at what's on sale without being hassled!