“Great beer house”

Ranked #149 of 909 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I happened upon this place (I am so glad that I did not just take the easy option of the other pub closest to the station concourse, where I would have had to 'make do' with a pint of Pedigree) when I had time to spare ahead of catching a train back to Brough after spending a day in York with family. They serve a great range of real ales - I had Hop Studio XP, which was excellent - but I did not get to try the food (it looked quite interesting).
As an earlier reviewer says, this place is a real hidden gem to which I will be returning!

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Right on the station, fantastic selection of ales & ciders. The service is nice & if you like watching trains go by, the 'beer garden' is on the platform.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We found this pub by accident while waiting for our train back to London, this is not the typical station bar. It has an excellent selection of beers. This was by far the best pub we found in York, we didn't eat so I can't comment on the catering. Give it a try and avoid the nasty chain pubs in the town centre.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in here for a few beers with a group of friends. The bar has a fantastic selections of ales, beers and bottles. Plenty to choose from and taste. Friendly bar staff and nice outside seating to sip a beer and watch the trains go by.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

In theory, it's perfect for grabbing a snack and a drink before catching your train as The York Tap opens straight onto the station platform. So we were heartbroken to discover that:-
(1) they'd run out of Jaipurs beer;
(2) they'd run out of white wine
(3) they didn't do veggie-type snacks and sandwiches

Better luck next time maybe?