Hedley House
$142
$130
  • Breakfast included
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$130
$186
$151
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$101
Agoda.com
$211
$172
1,644 results
All reviewshot tubcity centrecar parkrailway lineshort walkmuseum gardensno lifttop floorfriendly hotelquiet streetexcellent locationsmall hotelfull englishyork minsterfree parkingour room was spaciousenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2014

A basement room , large lovely bed with great pillows very nice room, and that we're it ends .. The bathroom had a shower cubicle that my six foot four husband had to bend his head to wet his hair , there was another shower over the bath at the other end of the narrow room which he had to stoop to get to the toilet , no chance of showering very low ceiling , on arrival big puddles of water in the bathroom, reported it dealt with very efficiently , said it was to do with the window being left open during a heavy shower, that evening a bad storm , the rain was dripping from the bathroom ceiling like Chinese torture through the night , we had to put towels on the window ledge and floor , once again reported said it was a problem , if that's the case WHY BOOK OUT THE ROOM 30. ......everything was just average. The best thing for us was on site parking. A couple next to us at breakfast said it was faulty towers he had his breakfast taken back three times even though he'd wrote down what he wanted ...the young guy that booked us in was lovely as we're the girls at breakfast but my husband noticed one had her long hair tied in a messy side plait and not at all hygienic as she bent over to pass food across it almost touched the other plate .....

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK ROOM 30 unless it's forcast dry weather and if your under six foot.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ElaineL642
gregHotel, Owner at Hedley House, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hedley House

The night in question we had a months worth of rain in 2 hours so if water was going to get in at any time it was then. It is the first time this has happened and so far the last!!

Room 30 used to be be my (the owners) flat and in my opinion is a great room. I am sorry your husband at 6'4 struggled in the shower. We try to accommodate all shapes and sizes – I am 6'2 and I know it can be a challenge to fit in sometimes. I find that shower is perfect for me and like the high pressure water. Closing the bathroom door would have stopped the noise from the dripping water - again this instance was a first and I apologise.

Our staff tie their hair and wear uniform in accordance with current regulations but I will talk to them about the point you raise.

I hope you return to visit us again and if you do please use the facility on the booking form to add a note that your husband is tall and we will put you on the first floor where the Victorian ceiling are very high.

Regards

Greg

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I chose this hotel as a weekend break for myself my father who is blind and my teenage daughter so we booked a family room. On arrival our room was changed as the original room was on the top floor and there was no lift. The room was acceptable but the tea/coffee facilities were poor and there wasn't a place to plug the kettle in safely. We stayed for two nights but on the second day our room was not tidied and the beds were not made. The staff were very friendly but everything seemed very disorganised. The menu for the meals was the same on both nights and despite eating at 7pm not all the items on the menu were available. There were no safety rails on some of the stairs and no handles etc in the bathroom which is quite dangerous for visually impaired people. The breakfast service was good.

Room Tip: Be aware that there is no lift
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susy E E
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Brilliant stay at hedley house, lots of facilities on site including a bar,sauna and jacuzzi. Room was very spacious, very clean and everything and more than we expected. Staff were very accommodating, easy to talk to and nothing was too much. All in all a very pleasant stay will definitely be back soon. Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room a little bit of luxury.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna P
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Cant fault this as a place to stay. Medium priced. Great location in quiet street 10 mins walk from city centre and National Railway museum. Smart decor but informal atmosphere. Nicely cooked breakfast. Free wifi in bar area. Free parking. No complaints at all. Loved York, recommemd at least 2 nights here. York is magic at night when most of the tourists have gone home. Lots of good pubs amd nice places to eat in street near Minster, which is very impressive.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JaneyC16
gregHotel, Owner at Hedley House, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Yay - A happy customer.....

Thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel was OK although my room was distinctly odd; quite large with a double and two single beds and with the shower room down a little corridor. It was also at cellar level although that wasn't a problem but it all felt a bit drab. The shower room had rather an uneven and sagging floor and needed a bit of attention to the grouting. There was no shaving mirror which was disconcerting. However, having said all that there were plenty of towels and it was all very clean. Breakfast was good. Parking in the car park is limited but they will give you a residents permit to park on the road.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business