Barrington House
TripAdvisor
Middletons York(York)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$100
$84
$197
$177
  • Pool
$145
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
$100
$151
$114
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Wheatlands Lodge Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$107
$104
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2006

The best place to stay in York is the Barrington House Hotel.I have to say that out of all the hosts in the city,Alan and Kristina are simply the best hosts I have ever had,nothing is too much trouble for them,and they will answer to your requests,thanks for a great stay,hope to see you again next year.

• Stayed: January 2006
7  Thank kara0keking
Reviewed January 9, 2006

When I arrived at York Station I was armed with a list of 3 possible places to stay - the Information centre at the Station suggested I phone Barrington House first and I am delighted that I did so.

I am a middle-aged woman (from New Zealand) and had been travelling in the continent and England for a month and was prepared for fairly ho-hum accommodation - y'know wonderful written words but disappointment in reality.

Disappointment could not exist here. Not possible. Within minutes of being welcomed, I wondered how I could commute from my next planned stop (Newcastle) back to York purely because the accommodation was so good!

While a little further from both the station and the town centre than I would have liked, the cleanliness and comfort of the room, the nicely prepared breakfasts, the ease of coming and going and the thoughtfulness of the owners more than substituted for having to stretch my legs a little... Fellow guests were also delightful and I gained the impression that this B&B is a favourite. A well deserved description!

Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank KarleyKat
Reviewed December 13, 2005

we have just returned from yet another enjoyable trip to york,and another wonderful stay at the Barrington House.We have just spent a lovely weekend christmas shopping and once again a great stay at the Barrington House,nothing was to much trouble for Alan and Kristina,the room we stayed in was different this time but just as clean and homely.there is no better way to prepare for a busy day shopping than by having a hearty breakfast and we certainly got this.We hopefully will be back sooner rather than later.We again thank Alan and Kristina for a wonderful stay they will certainly be on our chritmas card list,all the best.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 27, 2005

We have just returned from a stay at the Barrington House whilst visiting family in York. Everything was just so good!! We were welcomed by Alan and shown to our lovely, homely room. Breakfast was great - so nice to a have a home cooked breakfast! The location was also fantastic, a nice leisurely 10 min walk to the centre. From chatting to the other guests during our stay they seemed to have enjoyed Barrington House as much as we did. We will definitely recommend Barrington House to all our family and friends, and will definitely stay there again very very soon. Thanks for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norwich, Norfolk
Reviewed November 23, 2005

Myself and my husband and my 2 sons aged 5 and 11 stayed at Barrington House with my husband's family including his 2 brothers and their families, his nephew and his wife and his 81 year old mother.
We had to let ourselves in to the B&B, first collecting the keys from the train station. Nobody greeted us and when the owners returned home after 10.30pm in the evening they treated us as though they were not expecting us and as if we were intruding in their private home. Unfortunately our visit to the beautiful city of York was marred by feeling completely unwelcome - everything we asked for was too much trouble - we were treated like naughty children. My children's Nanny was most upset by their attitude.
I have stayed at many B&Bs and have never been treated in this way anyweher else. I would never stay at Barrington House again and would not reccomend it to my friends.

Stayed: November 2005