1,853 results
All reviewscosta coffeegreat locationcar parkcity centretrain stationwindmill pubmeal dealmicklegate barair congood nights sleepjust round the cornerrailway museumbudget hotelfamily roomminute walkreception staffmain building
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Well as much as I love a Premier Inn this ones a tad strange,no restaurant, no bar, and your room is outside the reception across a court yard, too much of a faff for me ,especially when it was raining. To access restaurant you have to go outside to the other premier inn!!
The breakfast is a bit strange,we queued for 7 mins,then had to queu again for the buffet breakfast, there was no toast or cinnamon bagels (continental breakfast) so we then had to wait till they were brought out ,then had to queue to put said items on the slowest toaster ever !!.. We went elsewhere for brekky the next day, .Next time we will book in the other Premier inn,but wouldn't eat there.Room was lovely we specifically asked for a quiet room ie not in pubs courtyard and not facing the road. .Staff are really friendly and professional.. and very helpful.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Super location just outside the city walls and easy walking distance to absolutely everything in York. Room was fine and very well insulated, even had a good air-con (always a bonus in the UK summer these days!). Pleasant staff. Free internet was also very good indeed.
Excellent value overall.
Car parking was £10 a day, pay at a meter (no issues) but I think it could be full if you were arriving in the evening and not sure where the alternative would be.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights and found it was in a great position for all local attractions. Would definitely visit here again, good value for money and very clean rooms.
Short walk in to the city centre, and good breakfast with efficient and friendly staff.
I was able to park in the premier inn car park without a problem, this was at an extra cost but found it reasonable for city centre parking. We used the windmill pub which is next to the premier inn which was an added bonus as good selection of beverages and food was good too.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Booked this hotel for the ease of the franchise and the walking distance from the centre of York. It had everything you would need for a simple stay, lets face it, there's that much to do and see it becomes a hub for washing and sleeping so I'm quite easy to please.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and it was really nice to have the option of air conditioning that you could really feel.

There is limited parking but in my opinion you plan accordingly, like we arrived at the hotel 15mins after check in time to give us the best chance of getting a space. Its York, its going to be busy and have lots of tourists!

The staff were very pleasant, the stay was too, the only niggle I had was that I left a shower sponge out as we were there for a couple of days, and when we returned it had been discarded. Not the biggest issue but i was a little miffed.

Would happily stay again, and arrive just after check in :)

Room Tip: If you want a parking spot on location, get there just after 2pm and keep your fingers crossed :)