“A place to sleep”

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in York
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“A place to sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The staff here were friendly enough and the room was okay but the walls were thin, we could hear people on the corridor, in the room above. It's just a place to sleep at night really, it's not as close to the city as I expected, it was okay for us as we don't mind walking, but if you want to be in the heart of the city and don't want to walk far I wouldn't recommend it. If you're thinking of staying here I would request not being near the door and being further down the corridor, it is very noisy when people are walking through the doors next to your room. Also our room was meant to be a double, but it was two single mattresses put together in a double sheet, they we're vary hard and difficult to sleep comfortably on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Was put into a disabled room without notification..wouldn't mind but I'm 5'10 and my partner is 6'5".... So everything was far too low to use properly for us...only 1 hand and bath towel between us!!..... Had to go thro costa coffee..onto Main Street and down 2 doors to restaurant in their other hotel....not good if it's chucking it down.....room was on ground floor right next to main entrance..exceptionally noisy all the time with comings and goings....food was nice in restaurant.
Would rather stay further out of town next time and drive / walk in....very disappointed in this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn York City (Blossom St North) Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
saints1fan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We chose this hotel for a family visit to York, which was brilliant btw. We arrived early and parked easily in the onsite (£8.50) per day car park. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and booked us into our room without fuss.

The room was clean and had everything we needed. The hotel is located very close to the town centre and this allowed us to walk everywhere during our stay. It is particularly close to the railway station and the Nation railway museum, which is well worth a visit.

Breakfast is served in the Table Table restaurant a few doors up the street. The choice was fantastic and the fact that the kids eat for free, was one of the reasons we booked PremierInn,

I am slightly reluctant to mention the down sides, but they are pretty crucial. Our bed was awful! I sleep pretty much anywhere, but it was so lumpy I found it hard to sleep. Also we were unlucky and had noisy neighbours above and each side and as a result I got no sleep. I didn't call on their good night sleep guarantee as I always feel slightly embarrassed to do so, but it did spoil an otherwise excellent experience.

Room Tip: I'd ask for top floor to reduce the noise.
2 Thank saints1fan
blackpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in February, the reception staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Our room was in the Minster building, the room was clean and comfortable, on our first night I had a good nights sleep. Unfortunately on the second night we had someone above us who paced all night and the floorboards above squeaked terribly so I got no sleep. However when I told reception in the morning they immediately camped the room for that night, and when they reassured me the guests above were leaving that day we decided to stay in the same room. They were very nice and efficient and dealt with the problem well.

The breakfast was nice and the restaurant staff helpful.

This hotel is very close to Micklegate and ideal for exploring York.

Room Tip: I would ask for top floor next time, so no one can pace above me
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlackpoolCarol
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed two nights and as a budget hotel it was fine, not happy about having to pay for WiFi, and it would be better to eat breakfast out side as the waiting in line for 20mins wasn't the best start to the day.
The staff were very helpfully, and the location is in walking distance of all the attractions York has to offer.

1 Thank Roselyn K
seaham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed 17/2/14 for one night, we had a little trouble finding the place as lendal bridge was closed and the sat nav couldn't help. I phoned the hotel and they were great, they guided us in. Check in great, room was OK, a little tired but not bad for the price. We went out for the day and when we returned the room was cold, the heater wasn't working, I went to reception and they gave me a heater and said someone would come to look. The manager did pop up and said they would send someone but no one came but the heater was fine to be honest. I have to say all the staff were really lovely sand I couldn't complain. We didn't have breakfast in hotel we went over the road to the wetherspoons and had a good breakfast for half the price. Good hotel and location.

1 Thank debbie p
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The beds were very soft and comfy as usual and the Wi-Fi was very reasonable as well. The food was gorgeous. The shower in the bathroom worked very well and the room was clean as well. I never used the hairdryer so I don't know about that but I do know that there was plenty of tea and coffee facilities in the room. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family