Premier Inn York City (Blossom St North) Hotel
  • Room Service
$111
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$56
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$77
$110
$95
Travelocity
1,760 results
All reviewscosta coffeegreat locationcar parkcity centrewindmill pubtrain stationmeal dealmicklegate barair congood nights sleepshort walkrailway museumfamily roombudget hotelreception staffmain buildingnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked our stay for a Friday night in the Premier Inn in the sale for £29. Couldn't ask for more, room was huge and the staff were lovely. Really quiet during the day and night. Good location, close to town centre and right next door to a pub! Perfect night away, York is brill too!

Room Tip: We were in 2105
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked a Friday night here a few months ago online in their sale for just £29 - what a bargain for central York.

I had a happy experience mostly but then I usually do at a Premier Inn. As with the south branch on the same road, what I especially like about this hotel is the location - five minutes from the station, 10/15 minutes from the shambles and with a ton of things to do on the doorstep, so much that you don't have to head out into the touristy parts further up if you don't need to. If the weather is awful, for example, be confident you can spend a full evening in the bars and restaurants within a three minute walk from this hotel. There's also a small Sainsbury's and a cinema.

Agree with a recent reviewer about the temperature here. I stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks ago the night snow came down with a vengeance to blanket the whole county. My room was cold even though I had the heating on full-blast so I asked reception for a portable heater. The receptionist gave me the heater no problem and was quite apologetic about the room. This is the first time I've ever asked for a heater at a Premier Inn so I wonder if the heating at this particular hotel wasn't up to scratch, rather than a general problem with the chain.

This hotel has some rooms facing Blossom Street, which emerges from Micklegate, and was where I was. It did get a little noisy but I was too tired to complain and move. I'd suggest a room facing the back if you want more chance of a peaceful stay.

All in all for the price I paid I can't complain much and given how expensive York hotels are all year round I honestly would pay even more if I had to for this hotel or the other Premier Inn down the road, up to £70 or so.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights last week and although it wasn't the nicest Premier Inn I have stayed in, it was still nice and clean. I found it difficult to find the reception although when I did the receptionist was very lovely and helpful. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The location was very close to the train station and about a ten minute walk from the city centre, so overall a very good location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here just after crimbo on a very good priced deal would not have been happy if i'd paid more the 70 quid though, location is a 15 minute walk into the centre . Room was quite large and modern , a typical prem inn standard . Our first room had dirty bed sheets so we got moved to another room which was better .View from the room was poor facing another block at the rear of the property , nothing outstanding to report on . Parked in their carpark at the hotel which was £8.50 for 24 hours .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for a hen weeend on 9th feb 2013 the hotel was clean ,the beds were very comfortable and the staff were very good ,a little slow checking in BUT the room was like an ice bucket overnight we had 2 rooms in reception area and 2 rooms in other area of building,and both rooms in reception area were freezing overnight .When we told receptionist she gave us a full refund no hassle ,no arguing ,which i was very impressed with ,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends