“Fantastic! I cannot speak highly enough of this place!”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #2 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It literally did feel as though we were staying with friends. The building and décor are stunning. Lots of little thoughtful touches in the room too. Steve and Tricia are just delightful and so friendly, and always have time for a chat and a laugh - not forgetting the adorable little Harvey dog. Breakfast was delicious, with a vast choice, and beautifully presented. No veggie sausages, but I couldn't have managed one anyway with all the other lovely food on my plate! Clean, cosy, warm and comfortable. Perfect for true relaxation. The room was absolutely beautiful. Thank you Tricia and Steve. We will be back very soon x

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We found The Bloomsbury a very pleasant first class bed and breakfast which sets the standards for other bed and breakfast establishments.
From crossing the threshold initially to your leaving everything is done to make your stay a memorable experience.
Cleanliness, comfort and sleep quality were excellent and the breakfast award is well deserved.
Many thanks to both Tricia and Steve and staff for making our seven night stay in York such a joyous and memorable occasion.
Oh and not forgetting Harvey!
John and Pat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Bloomsbury for two nights to celebrate our Ruby Wedding in August, everything was wonderful. Steve and Tricia treat their guests like family members and every need is catered for. The rooms are individual and spotlessly clean, breakfasts are delicious. The position of the Bloomsbury is perfect for exploring York, just a 15 minute walk into town and on a bus route if you need a ride back after walking around York all day. We had a wonderful stay and would not hesitate to recommend the Bloomsbury for your stay in York.

Room Tip: All rooms great, we stayed in the Magnolia room on the ground floor which is lovely and even though...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently had to attend a course in York and the Bloomsbury was spot on in terms of easy accessibility from the outer ring road and just a 12-15 minute walk to the city centre. I was just so impressed with how helpful the hosts, Tricia and Steve were. I contacted them in advance and they were happy for me to leave my car from 08.00 in the morning. Steve greeted me at the door with the key to my room and gave me good directions for where I needed to be. Nothing was too much trouble.

The standard of cleanliness was immaculate. Decor homely and in keeping with the period of the house which is always good. I stayed in 'Berry...Room 3' which is a nicely furnished double bedroom. Ensuite was modern and spotless with lots of nice little touches such as cotton buds and cotton wool balls which you don't often get but they make all the difference. Nice toiletries, tea and coffee-making facilities (with lots of milk which again is not often found but a real boon). Even a bottle of water was provided. Also free wireless internet access which made life much easier.

Breakfast was really good. Fresh fruit which had clearly been freshly chopped. Choice of cereals and different yoghurts, honey and preserves etc. I didn't have the cooked breakfast but there was lots of choice and the food was plentiful and nicely cooked and presented from what I could see of the plates emerging for other diners. Lovely little breakfast room with views of the garden.

I will definitely be going back and hopefully bringing my husband next time!

Thank you Tricia and Steve. You deserve to be No. 1 !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

As ever faultless been here 2 years on the trot now and have already booked for next year staff are very helpful I was even provided with extra hot water :-)
I think we have made some good friends in Steve and Tricia
See you next year if not sooner
Ray and dave

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Bloomsbury in May, for one night on our way from London to Edinburgh. We arrived really tired, and a bit sick, and were in desperate need of a good night's sleep after busy and noisy London! The Bloomsbury really delivered....we had the best night's sleep in our room - very clean, comfortable, well furnished and very quiet. Steve and Trish were really friendly and welcoming - definitely the most friendly hosts we'd met on our nine week holiday through the UK and US. It's a good location - about a 15 minute walk into the main part of York, but this just means you can see more of the city, and take the pretty river walk into town if you feel like it. We were served a lovely cooked breakfast made to order, while cereals, fresh fruit and pastries, etc are all set out - so a really good start to the day. Would definitely stay at the Bloomsbury again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

2nd time we have stayed here, a group of us travel 2 york 4 the ebor race festival......stayed 2 nites rooms are spotless and the breakfasts are fab. The hosts and there staff cant do enough, will defo be bac next year, highly reccomended thanku steve from the geordie gang !

• Stayed: August 2013