“Amazingly viking !”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Yorvik Brass Rubbing Centre
Reviewed January 14, 2014

what a great experience we had in Yorvik, The museum was excellent and it even had a real recreation of a viking village! We loved it and would recommend you visit this amazing place and learn of the viking history in England!

1  Thank Worldhikker
There are newer reviews for Yorvik Brass Rubbing Centre

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited the Yorvik Experience and found it to be very good.
It was well presented and the staff very helpful, well worth the money and the ride through York during Viking times was very interesting.
I found the display area very good and the Gift Shop had some very nice gifts and not all that expensive.
They will ask you if you wish to "Gift Aid" when buy your entrance ticket and it is valid for a return visit for 12 months from the entrance date. I am not sure if this is only valid if you "Gift Aid" or not.
Not sure if this applies to overseas visitors but they will advise at the entrance.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

When we arrived at 11;45am there was a 15 minute wait sized queue. We went for lunch and arrived at 1pm and there was no wait. Having a wheelchair user we were helped inside and got three for the price of two as one went as carer due to the wheelchair having to be left at the door (Someone else had booked the wheelchair carriage on the ride for 1;30).
Staff were helpful and happy to supply information. the ride was well planned with voice overs in each carriage explaining what you were seeing. This was my second visit but a first for my companions. It wasn't as long as we expected but when we left at 1:45 there was once again a long line of people waiting.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is an insight into how the Vikings lived in the olde worlde days. As I went during school term I didn't have to wait in a long queue but for almost £10 entry I didn't get a really good value feeling once inside. The ride is quite interesting but other than that the displays are too many to be easily "taken in". Too much information to read with other customers pushing in to get their read too. Not worth the fee.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed April 6, 2013

It's a shame that you spend more time in the queue than you do in the attraction, at just under £10 for what is in effect a short ride then a stroll through some bones I would say I didn't really get the feeling I was seeing that much considering the amount of artifacts that apparently had been collected from the original dig. I expected to see a lot more. Albeit it was interesting I just felt there could have been more on show.

2  Thank Jibblerg