“Lovely city,Lovely people”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Foss Bank Guest House
Ranked #16 of 193 York B&B and Inns
“Lovely city,Lovely people”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just stopped at the Foss bank guest house, what a lovely warm and smashing experience. It's made me feel like I want to up root when I retire and live there. Kevin can't do enough for you just try it if you don't believe me:-D

2 Thank Sgmills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My parents have stayed at Foss Bank for many years and I must say sometimes my type of nice isn't always what my parents perceive as nice!! But this time I was shocked (sorry mum and dad) Unbelievably, mum and dad got lost as the sat nav took them into York a different way or so they say haha, I called Kevin who was most kind and directed us perfectly (whilst laughing) and even had the door open for us when we arrived chuckling. My husband and my daughter who is 2 shared the family room (room 5) and when we were kindly taken to our rooms I was shocked to see how clean, beautifully decorated and perfect it actually was. Our breakfast was wonderful, actually the best I've ever had. Kevin presented us with a map and was most helpful and polite tending to every little thing we asked for, he even provided milk for our daughter to enjoy in her bottle and warmed it up for us on request. Opposite Foss Bank there is a river of which there are lots of ducks and swans, we fed them most days which was really nice. Our daughter Isabelle presented Kevin with a colouring she did all by herself on our last morning to say thank you for our fantastic stay and we can't wait to go back next year. I cannot find a fault with our stay which is disappointing as I can always find a negative normally but wow, if you want luxury, warmth, hospitality in a clean, friendly hotel visit Foss Bank, thank you Kevin xx

1 Thank POE1782
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

well another few days at yorks best guest house it was just perfect Mr kev as i call him and he calls me Mr keith just a bit of fun we have shared over soom years well what can i say you only got to read the reviews kev woks very hard making beds and cleaning and every thing is back as if you had just opened the door to your room when you get back from a days outing and his full breakfast well spot on you dont need alot of dinner when you have had one what moore can i say i can go on and on typing,Mr kev is a great host and nothing seems to much trouble so if you want a nice place to stay give Mr kev a ring.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gastown
WHITBY
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location is very close to the downtown 5-10min walk, 20min walk from the train station. The room was great! Very large for Europe! We had a seating area plus room to move around! Kevin was very nice, and his breakfast was awesome! The fruit bowls and english breakfast was very yummy! Definitely would stay here again if we have the pleasure of visiting York again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melandtom2010
Northumberland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Another great stay this summer, forget the rest and definitely try the best B&B in York ! Well done Kevin - a fantastic host once again with great hospitality and a warm welcome. Great location for York city centre and surrounding attractions & an ideal base to explore from particularly after one of Kevin's great breakfasts. We will return !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dupiaza
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This was our secon visit to foss bank and it did not disappoint, amazing breakfast and amazing room, completely spotless and comfortable. I would highly recommend to any body thinking of coming to York to book a room at foss bank for the best experience in York.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A great B and B only 10 minutes from the centre of York. Fantastic service and attention to detail. Breakfast was great. Kevin was very helpful and recommended places for us to see and do. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple