“Great market for foodies”
Review of Shambles Market

Shambles Market
Ranked #62 of 211 things to do in York
Reviewed February 14, 2013

You can't miss the market as you walk around York. Tasters of food from different countries, everyone very friendly. If we lived in York we'd use the excellent fish shop and the fruit, veg and flower stalls.

1  Thank Wilma M

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My finace and my self were wondering round round York we found the market we found it brilliant could not fault it every one was so friendly will be going again

1  Thank jackjag66
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This time last year I came across this bustling market, which happened to have a food festival going on. This month I paid another visit to York - & again it was food festival time. I was there on a Saturday this time, & it was very busy so I didn't queue to buy anything. But I feasted my senses on the delicious smells coming from stalls such as the Mexican taco bar & the vast varieties of bread. The organic veg from Riverford Farm looked fresh & attractive, & for meat aficionados (I'm vegetarian) there are stalls selling meat like Dexter burgers & sausages - which made me smile as the new season of the TV show starts this month. I don't know how I managed not to be tempted by the fanastic chocolates & cakes on display. I don't know about wheelchair access. I use a walking stick to help me get about, & I must say I didn't find it very easy weaving in & out of the crowds.

1  Thank gayrobot
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stumbled across this market by accident, but so glad that we did! We had just eaten our lunch, so thought we'd pick up a box full of chocolate slices which were just devine!! And then... we came to walk 'past' the pork cart... but couldn't walk past and just had to stop and share a pulled pork roll! The smell, ah the smell... the best pulled pork I've ever tasted and we had just eaten lunch so it couldn't have been because we were hungry! This market has a fair bit of variety for all different tastes so definitely go through here before settling on a place to have lunch.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

the new street market offers a variety of hot and cold food, wines and tasting, chocolate... exotic burgers, and the best variety of pork pies we have ever seen.