“Great place to rest and enjoy- coffee,cakes,snacks.”
Review of Spring Espresso

Spring Espresso
Ranked #26 of 955 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a primarily a coffee shop using Square Mile coffee. We do home made cakes and wonderful sandwiches
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I'm not a coffee expert,have to admit ,but this place is a pleasure to visit. Friendly staff, even the young lads.Lovely coffees and the staff have a real enthusiasm for their business. The home made cakes are a treat ,as are the BLTs. They also know a good Italian Restaurant (many thanks for that).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This place really knows how to make a good coffee and the cakes are always really good (coconut tart on my last visit was delicious).

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I kept walking past this place whilst at work and always thought it looked a nice cosy place. From looking at TA there are some lovely places that I didn't even know existed and I have lived in York for 8 years and I have decided that has to change starting with spring coffee! On going in, you are greeted with a smile, and we were fortunate this time to get a seat as they are very often full. I really enjoy my coffee and was happy when the gentleman serving me told me where the coffee was from, its flavours etc. We were only going to stop for coffee but the food looked lovely and I cracked, ordering a bacon brie and cranberry panini which came out wonderfully presented and tasted even better. Friendly staff, smashing coffee and food, all in all brilliant!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We love this fantastic little coffee shop. It is always our first port of call on a trip to York. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, the coffee is great and the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. My favourite is the posh bacon sandwich, my husband adores the raisin bread which is real comfort food and the cakes are to die for! I cannot praise the owners of Spring Espresso enough. They are always so helpful and make us feel so welcome - like friends visiting rather than customers. You will not be disappointed if you go there! Selfishly would like to keep it a secret but it really is so good we have to share!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Passed this place the Saturday before Christmas and thought I'd give it a try.

Was only a flying visit but was highly impressed. Pleasant staff and premises and couldn't fault what I tried.

Had a latte, which was on a par, if not better than, than some of the best I've tried (Laynes in Leeds is good as is Music Room and (Priory) Hall in Lancaster). The Salted Caramel Millionaires shortbread which accompanied it was equally good and £5 (or thereabouts) is a price worth paying for the quality of drink and cake you get here.

Not a local but will return if ever in York again.