“A fantastic Thai experience”

YORK Cookery School
Ranked #2 of 11 Classes & Workshops in York
More attraction details
Owner description: YORK Cookery School offers a range of food and drink experiences for all ages and abilities to the people of Yorkshire and beyond. We run cookery classes that will appeal to absolute beginners as well as lessons for enthusiastic amateurs looking to develop their skills in the kitchen. We also offer Team Building food sessions and cookery sessions for groups of friends or colleagues. Friends get-togethers, hen parties, birthday parties and celebrations are just some of the occasions you can choose to celebrate.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I signed up to a Thai cookery course here and had a fantastic experience. The chef, Kieth Miller, started by walking us through the ingredients of Thai cuisine passing them round so we could use our senses of touch taste and smell to understand what they each brought to the dish. In fact I dont believe the smell of shrimp paste will ever leave my nasal passages. He then showed us how to create the dish then split us up in to pairs to try recreating themhe using easy to follw recipie. I was amazed at how fantastic my Pad Thai was and hoe I managed to create 'golden parcels" but my favorite was the beef curry, one of the best I have ever tasted....and I made it. The staff where realy friendly and the kitchen very clean. I would seriously recommend everyone signs up to a course for a fantsstic culinary experience

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Absolutely brilliant. We had a wonderful time and came home with enough macrons to feed a whole staff room. My daughter and I took part in a session today making macrons, vanilla, coffee and raspberry. Kate was friendly and informative. She answered all our questions and the steps to create the finished product were clear and easy to follow but the hints and help she and her husband gave us as we went along were the reason the day was so much fun as well as successful. Lunch was a real treat.
In readiness for Christmas they have some great sessions planned and all of us on the course are looking forward to a return visit. I want to do the Christmas bread course whilst my daughter wants to do a series of evening sessions covering starters and canapés, main courses for Christmas and petit fours and deserts. If I lived closer I would join them. This is a great venue, lovely teachers and great value for money since you learn a new skill.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I bought the Tapas workshop for my sons and their girlfriends. They had an amazing day. I would recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

14 of us had a brilliant time here this weekend for a friends hen do. Even those of us who were adamant we could not bake came away with a box of 6 lovely decorated cup cakes. Kate was a fantastic teacher, very patient and always on hand when we needed help but without being overbearing, perfect! The venue was perfect for our numbers and very easy to find. Highly recommended :)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My son gave me a voucher for the Cooking Rooms as a birthday present, so I decided to try the Thai cooking course. What an enjoyable afternoon, the instruction by Keith was first class and very instructive, his experience and knowledge of the subject was obvious. The venue is very well equipped and there is plenty of hands on cooking time with the added bonus of Thai cuisine to take home. I wholeheartedly recommend The Cooking Rooms, check out their course programme to see the diversity of subjects on offer.