“Excellent and consistent”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our group had a great New Year celebration at the restaurant. As a regular here it cannot be faulted on its value or service nor its consistency to serve great tasting food. The menu is regularly updated, I was especially pleased to see the addition of three new milder dishes - I had one and another in my group chose another. I am now slowly being converted from my love of Korma and have been encouraged to explore new dishes; I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to others. Great value too and as you can take your own alcohol. I would rather pop down to this restaurant than get a takeaway now. A firm Southbank favourite, judging by the familiar faces we see in there. Also such a nice addition at Christmas to receive a box of wrapped chocolates and a card.

1  Thank AJS506
There are newer reviews for Village Spice

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were staying in York for a new years eve break and was looking for somewhere to go to eat,with our two teenage children. We had looked at trip advisor for ideas and found this Indian restaurant. We were a little apprehensive,as you could be eating anywhere!! However,we found it lovely!! Very tasty food,nice atmosphere and good value! We would definitely recommend it!! We had a really nice night!!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have visited the Village Spice several times on different occaisions with friends and family. We have never once been disappointed with the food, service and atmostphere. The food is excellent, and great value. The staff are most friendly and remember you from one visit to the next. The restaurant itself is warm and welcoming and recently modernised to a high standard. You can also take your own drinks which really does keep the final cost down!
I highly recommend you try Village Spice!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Visited this restaurant after seeing all the glowing reviews. Yes the prices are cheap but this is reflected in the quality of the food, poor quality meat covered in oily sauces. Very loud and brash atmosphere , ok if you have already had a bit too much to drink but not a place for a relaxed meal.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I went to the village spice with my wife and 3 young daughters tonight, and had another excellent meal. I have eaten here about 5 times, and the food is very good.

Its a bring your own bottle place, which can really save some money, and the service is always very friendly - the waiters and owner are always very nice to my children, which does make a positive difference.

Under £40 for a family of 5, which I think is great value for food this good. Recommended!