“Always great food, good for vegetarians/vegans”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #182 of 903 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wagamama is one of our favorite restaurants, hands down, in any town in England or Europe and the one in York is no different. The atmosphere here is nice and relaxing, with lots of natural light even on a rainy day. We were there early (6:00) on a weekday evening and we had no problem being seated without a reservation. My kids are vegetarian and I am vegan and we always have plenty to choose from. For starters there is edamame, which is always great and we get the yasai gyosa, which are delicious vegetable dumplings. For more adventurous eaters there is the goma wakame salad that has carrots, onions and seaweed. I did not try it this time but plan to on our next visit. Next we often get a bowl of miso soup which is tasty and warming. My favorite main dish is the Saien Soba, which has yummy soba noodles with asparagus, leeks, mushrooms, tofu and more and comes with a side of miso soup, so no need for the starter. There are a lot of other choices for vegetarians, such as the Yasai Cha, which is a lovely stir fry, and some donburi and ramen dishes as well. The other family members we dined with we were with were NOT vegetarian and had various chicken and fish dishes that they all enjoyed very much. There is a kids menu for families but the kitchen is very accommodating if your picky eater needs something left out of a main meal. We will visit here every time we are in York.

There are newer reviews for Wagamama

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had another good meal here - love the chilli ramen - and the smoothies are great. The service was excellent - attentive, but not overwhelming. The restaurant was clean and we had a lovely table in the centre near to the open kitchen. The toilets were also clean and in good order. I would highly recommend a meal here if you like this type of food - and although the smoothies aren't cheap (£4.95 each for a large) I would still say it's good value. Will definately visit again.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came here for a take away after my friend was out of hospital. I was greeted by Hannah, who handed me a menu straight away, told me how everything works and after ordering, offered to bring our order out to the car while I waited with my newly broken housemate! A truly excellent service which I will definitely be coming back to. Cheers team, Peter Burkitt -York

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very nice place lovely staff and a happy place. Foods very nice always fresh and very tasty how this isnt number 1 on trip advisor is strange as its one of the best and nicist place to eat in york. Staff are so nice here as well. Try the chicken catsue its amazing everytime i go i have the same as i love it. Thanks wagamam :)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a very pleasant meal here after a matinee at the York Opera House. We had a reservation, but we didn't need one at 5.00pm. The service was prompt and efficient and the food was very good, interesting choices and nicely presented. We have recommended the restaurant to our friends and we intend to go back soon.