“Amazing Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambience - CLOSED

Ambience
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Ambience has the most beautiful city walled garden with minster views! Inside is small and intimate with a very warm and friendly atmosphere. Out side we have a covered area with has heaters for the colder days and evenings also we have a graveled area and a garden area to relax in!You must come and have a look you will be very impressed
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have visited Ambiance a few times now as I am always so pleased with the food and service.

Last Sunday I visited for Sunday lunch (my favourite meal of the week) the meat was cooked to perfection and the roast potatoes were nice and crispy (just the way I like them) which a large glass of full body red wine.

I few weeks ago I attended one of their theme evenings (6 courses & 6 wines). On arrival we were welcomed by a lovely smiley friendly young lady, we were given our first glass of Champagne by a wine connoisseur (French of course) in the beautiful garden. The food was AMAZING – nothing could have been faulted. The wine was matched perfectly to compliment the courses. What was the “cherry on the top” was the personal touch from Head Chef Guy who came out of the Kitchen to see if everybody was happy. It was fantastic value would defiantly like to attend another theme evening.

“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went in here with a couple of friends for lunch, was handed the menu and it was basically a choice of take it or leave it......soup of the day and a sandwich of the day. No choice of what sandwich filling you might want and if you didn't want a sandwich there was no other choice. We were looking for a bit more to choose from so we went elsewhere. We won't be going back.

Visited July 2013
AmbienceCafeBar, Owner at Ambience, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
How can you comment if you never even tried the food! I can under stand if for example you had ordered and meal and it was too salty but if you were not happy with menu choice then you can leave like you did but why put a bad review on Tripadvisor!!!!

I would also like to point out that the menu you has any more dishes on it with breakfast items served all day any lunch choices for example platter boards, Ambience hot dog, welsh raebit, posh mushrooms on toast and many more dishes! and not forgetting the specials board that changes daily!
London, United Kingdom
“Good home cooked food and the best service I have witnessed in a long while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ate here on a Friday night in the outside under a pretty terrace. The service was EXCELLENT. The food is basic good quality home cooking with good quality ingredients.

I had crab fish cakes to start with. They were nice - although were more potato than crab to be honest and needed more seasoning. Partner had mushroom soup with homemade bread, which was tasty. Main consisted of fish with basic vegetables for me, which was all cooked and seasoned well. Partner had succulent chicken breast with two sauces and chips (which were great!).

Homemade honest food which was well priced. Would recommend this place, but it is basic in it's execution and cooking style. Vegetables were uninspired for example.

The chef was friendly and came out to chat to locals/guests.

York, United Kingdom
“Brill place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times now.The food is of very good quality and locally sourced.I have to say,I loved it better at lunchtime.Ithink perhaps at dinner one of us did not make the right choice so that can happen anywhere.It is not cheap,and the menu is limited,hope it does well,but there is a lot of competition in York.Service was slow at night but think there was only one waitress on.Had to wait about an hour with drinks before asking to be taken to our table.It had been assumed we would eat outside.Staff were lovely though,as was the chef.

Ripon, United Kingdom
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have now tried Ambience on all occasions e.g. cafe during the day for lunch/coffee and cakes etc, Sunday lunch, Theme Evening and Bistro night and so far I have not been disappointed in the least. I keep trying other places but I can honestly say the food, the atmosphere and service is second to none. If you have never visited it is well worth it. All the food is made to order and is locally sourced and prepared with care and precision. Although the restaurant is small it has a good atmosphere and there is always the outside covered area with lovely blankets if it gets a bit chilly and then, of course, there is a garden which is absolutely great to sit in. Overall a wonderful experience not just a place to eat.