“Yorkshire cream tea very nice”
Review of Mannion And Co

Mannion And Co
Ranked #1 of 46 Coffee & Tea in York
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our welcoming licensed café and deli has a distinctly European feel. We fuse French and Italian cuisine seamlessly with the best that Yorkshire has to offer.
Kirkby-in-Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Yorkshire cream tea very nice”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A hot summer day and in need of refreshment and something nice to eat. Mannion and Co has a prime location at the Minster end of Blake Street. Couldn't believe our luck when we found lots of indoor seating. Cool and very pleasant. The scones were very fresh, raspberry jam very nice and the clotted cream! The presentation is very pleasing and we loved the little black teapots. Will definately return.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank chandrah874

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
“Cream Tea”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having only recently returned from Devon, where we had numerous cream teas, it was with some trepidation we ordered a cream tea here. We need not have worried, it is Devon that should be worrying. The scones were delicious and very fresh, and the cream was absolutely divine. Certainly our best cream tea for a long time.

• Visited July 2013
“Attention to Detail”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We have visited twice so far - once for lunch and once for morning coffee and cake. It was excellent on both occasions. The food is excellent (with a busy open kitchen) but what really makes it for me is the attention to detail - the tea and coffee are of really excellent quality, crockery is really attractive, biscuits with coffee are tasty, etc. The atmosphere is friendly and convivial. Their meringues are really something special!
I only hope it doesn't become so popular that it is impossible to get a table!

Visited May 2013
York, United Kingdom
“My favourite place in York”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review of Mannion's for ages but kept forgetting and putting it off. In the mean time I've been going back again and again as the menu and the atmosphere is lovely. It is too often we write down only our complaints I find, and we forget to tell people when they're doing something well. So this review is more to say that I think all those at Mannion's do a great job and keep it up. If you are thinking of trying it out, and you like traditional food done well, in a friendly relaxed environment then you will definitely be glad you did. :)

• Visited June 2013
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Being a Mannion myself I had to visit this place”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

On a first visit to York and looking at places to eat with good trip advisor scores I came across this place we had to visit sharing my own surname. We arrived on Saturday and tried their cream teas. We were served by a lovely young waitress who said they had a spot outside under the umbrella in case it rains due to the popularity and seating being full inside. Lovely courtyard and the scones were warm and were so delicious. The teas served in their distinctive black iron teapots was probably the best tea I have tasted. Just a shame we only experienced their teas on a flying visit but we will be back...

• Visited June 2013