“Wonderful”

Grill Room at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, British, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Grill Room at The Grand follows in the great tradition of hotel grill rooms, pioneered by such legendary properties as the Savoy and the Dorchester.Our Grill Room serves a menu of classic European cuisine in a stylish and welcoming setting. With beautiful views of the historic City Wall and York Minster, diners will enjoy the atmosphere as much as the menu.In addition to our extensive menu, The Grill Room also features a cheese trolley well stocked with exquisite choices from around the world, including British classic cheeses. Our portions are well-sized to ensure you feel fully satisfied at the end of your dining experience, and with both lunch and dinner options, you can choose the right dishes to suit your mood at any time of day.Dining in The Grill Room is an unforgettable experience which will delight and satisfy you, setting you up for an evening sight-seeing around York, continuing business discussions or simply retiring to The Grand Bar or Whisky Lounge to continue your evening of pampering!The Grill Room opening times:Lunch: Daily 12.30pm–2.30pmDinner: Daily 6.30pm–10pm
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This could well be the best restaurant I've ever been to. The restaurant itself was beautifully furnished, nice unobtrusive music. Service was very friendly and attentive. Varied food menu, extensive wine menu. Food was cooked and presented beautifully. After 5 courses (an appetiser and pre-dessert being complimentary) our after dinner drinks - baileys expresso, were taken out onto the terrace which was a lovely way to finish the evening.
The highlight of a wonderful getaway in York.

• Visited August 2013
Michael T, Manager at Grill Room at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Jojo

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review on our restaurant. Our staff work very hard and take great pride in what they do and reviews like your one proves they are doing a great job.

It’s great to here that it was a highlight of your visit to York and I do hope you will return on your next visit.

On behalf of myself and the team, thank you once again.

Catterick, United Kingdom
“Excuisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a treat.
The food was out of this world. The staff (a young spanish girl in particular) were attentive to our every need, polite and extremely friendly.
The choice of food was excellent and the cheese board blew me away. I was completely spoilt for choice but our waitress (the Spanish girl) was incredibly knowledgable and helped me with my choices.

Visited July 2013
Dear Natalie

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your dinner in our award winning Grill Room Restaurant.

Its great to hear that our staff looked after you so well. The young Spanish girl you refer to is called Lorena.

I’m glad you thought both the food and service was excellent and I will of course pass on your feedback to our Head Chef.

On behalf of myself and the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked a table for a meal on our first nights stay in the hotel which was our anniversary. We were greeted by a lovely lady who asked us if we would like a drink in the bar before our meal, this showed us that time would not be an issue, we opted to go straight to our table. The service throughout the meal was as attentive and ensured we had everything we could possibly need or wish for. I had the pork starter and Stewart went for the trio of salmon they were both spectacular visually and delicious our mains were also fantastic, I was to full to have a desert however Stew went for that as well and was not disappointed. We had a wonderful meal and the staff ensured it was a fabulous evening, we do not say in York however we will visit again and will book a table in the restaurant. Thanks to all the staff in the hotel for making our time a truly memorable one.

• Visited July 2013
Dear CMCG01

York, United Kingdom
“Excellent Yet Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was probably the best meal we have eaten in this restaurant. I cannot fault one thing. We both had the scallops and pork cheek (again!) a wonderful starter. My wife's smoked filet and my rib-eye were cooked to perfection, succulent and full of flavour.Service was professional and courteous caring for all our needs. Altogether, a wonderful evening that made up for a horrid day at work.

• Visited June 2013
Dear Brian

Thank you once again for writing such a kind review on our restaurant here at The Grand. I know all the staff here always look forward to welcoming you back and always enjoy looking after you. Guests like you are the reason we all work in the industry. Once again it was our pleasure

Kind regards

York
“Fabulous food and service yet again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My last visit was for Sunday lunch to celebrate my mums 70th birthday and , as usual, the food and service were both excellent. They gave us the table I had requested and piped a personal message onto my mums dessert plate to wish her happy birthday. This was a lovely touch and shows the kind of attention to detail you can expect. The Sunday lunch is the best I have ever had anywhere and never fails to impress. The room is a beautiful blend of modern decor in a fabulous old building and although a 5* hotel, its never pretentious. I cant reccommend this restaurant enough and would be highly delighted to have Sunday lunch or afternoon tea any time (I really need to go one evening too!). I have bought gift vouchers for people so they can do the same and they always come back raving about it! The bar is also a beautiful room and serves excellent cocktails in fabulous surroundings. I live in York and this is currently my favourite eating venue!

• Visited June 2013
Dear DanceMDM

Thank you very much for writing such a kind review on your experience. It’s great that you decided to celebrate a special birthday with us here at The Grand and our staff looked after you so well.
Considering all the great places to eat in York its very kind of you to say that we are your favourite and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Hopefully for dinner this time.

Kind Regards