Holiday Inn York
$232
$141
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
$174
$136
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$197
$98
  • Room Service
$144
1,453 results
All reviewstadcaster roadcity centrerace coursecross keysexecutive roomsmall bathroomfree parkingreception staffbus stophotel restaurantcar parkbuffet stylewould stay againleave the carstayed one nightgood nights sleeptea and coffee
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Right by the racecourse and a Park and Ride is close by to get into York (free parking and £2.70 return).
Generally a bit drab and the staff seemed a little stressed. There is a good Pub opposite where I received a welcome and good food and free wifi which was the opposite of my reception at the restaurant -it was empty but they couldn't fit me in as a solo guest for 40 minutes.
...and don't get me started on paying for wifi in hotels
;)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fliss22
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Fliss22
Thank you for your review and your constructive comments, I am very sorry for your findings with regard to our team, these do concern me as this is not typical of our usual feedback which praises our team , I therefore will be checking on the situations which occurred over this period of time. I am pleased to advise you that Free Internet is being introduced to all IHG Reward Members from the 1st July, IHG Rewards is our loyal membership which is free to join.
With Kind Regards

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here very recently.
My room was freezing, turned the heat up but still cold.
Told the lady at reception next morning and she didn't seem all that bothered....
Everywhere else in York will have to be full for me to think about staying here again...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptWilko

Dear CaptWilk
I am very concerned to learn that you found your room to be cold and I am sorry for the poor response you received from the receptionist. Please be assured I will be investigating your findings further. Your comments are appreciated and are being used in a constructive manner.
Many thanks

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel was easy to find with plenty of parking available and a short bus ride or 40 minute walk into town. The rooms were clean and well maintained with colouring books waiting for the kids which was a lovely touch. Food was lovely - we had booked a package which included dinner and it was really good value. Breakfast was lovely and the kids enjoyed the fresh pancakes. The staff really make this hotel special - all staff from reception to bar and restaurant were very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely return

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Beth E
Very pleased to read you had a great stay and found our team to be friendly and welcoming. I hope it will not be too long until we can welcome you back to the hotel.
Many thanks

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at his hotel, easy parking and found reception staff very welcoming, Rooms very spacious and clean, and good to see that you can open and override the windows all the way. Breakfast very good and well presented with friendly staff, will come here again, no free wi if, but I believe coming in July, as this should now be standard.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Johnalistair
Many thanks for your great review, so pleased you had a comfortable stay. I can confirm free standard Internet will be available to all our IHG Reward Members from the 1st July. IHG Rewards is our loyalty scheme which is free to join and is available to everyone.
With kind regards

Reviewed May 29, 2014

we stayed here on a 2 night break.hotel is big with nice rooms,comfortable beds,friendly attentive staff.good choice with breakfast,pancakes are tasty.had 3 course dinner on one night,which was great and good food,we loved the strawberry and clotted cream cheesecake.there is also a nice bar area with tv screens and ample parking outside.there are 2 nice pubs across the road and it is next to the racecourse.2miles away from York,but on a regular bus service,the no4 stops very close to hotel. and would recommend getting a day ticket which costs £3.70.walking to the centre of York takes 30 minutes,which we did both mornings..liked it so much planning a return trip for my birthday in august

Room Tip: rooms at the back are more quieter but we never heard any other guests despite a large group staying and hotel busy
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear iandundee1967
Thank you for your review and delighted you had an enjoyable stay and so pleased you are intending to come back for your birthday.
With kind regards