“Good value for money very clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Holiday Inn York

Holiday Inn York
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in York
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good value for money very clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Close location to York 10 min bus ride to center £7 in taxi. Very clean rooms nice staff good. Breakfast really good. check Web For offers. nice pubs near by to Cross Keys great food and beers. kids welcome. location really spot on.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear stuart w
I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be in a good location, clean and comfortable.
Many thanks
Douglas Winfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We just spent 3 nights Thursday through to Sunday . Our room was a standard double and was clean and tidy. Enough room for our clothes and baggage. Comfortable bed . We were greeted professionally and found our room easily. I was disappointed that wifi was extra cost but is free for all from July of this year. Breakfast was included and is of a good standard. I would visit again and recommend to friends who are visiting the city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David C
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear David C
Thank you for your review and pleased to read you had a good comfortable stay. Your recommendation to your friends is appreciated.
With kind regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Checking in was fine as paid upfront or so we thought anyways.

However the lady who had us checked in didn't say much as to what we were paying turns out it was a hold as when I checked out I was asked to pay and enter pin again. I was confused as presumed I had paid as on my bank transactions it showed what was left so that was fine. However I am furious I had to enter pin twice as now that my money is still on hold is ridiculous it doesn't state anywhere that you put a hold on what we originally paid. So off to the bank tomorrow to see what has happened and where the money is situated.

The lady who checked me out reassured me I would not be double charged however it's still concerning you don't train your staff. Being a tourist I would not recommend you due to this fact nobody deserves to have extra money held on their account as this limits things we can do!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank HASBJH
Dear HASBJH
I am very sorry for the confusion our credit/debit card procedures have caused you. I would like to clarify, for all guests checking in to the hotel a Credit or Debit card authorisation is taken, this is to guarantee the hotel sufficient funds for when the guest checks out. For guests who have pre-paid their accommodation, they are asked if they would like to authorise their card to allow then to charge incidentals to their room account. I am most concerned that this was not fully explained and I will be reviewing this matter with the Reception Manager. If you would like further clarification or assistance with this matter please do not hesitate to contact Lesley, Reception Manager directly at the hotel.
With kind regards
Douglas Winfield

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night d, b&b stay with my mum, 11yr old son and 6yr old daughter. Rooms well used but very clean. Staff very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Children welcomed and staff great with them. On the downside the choice of food on the set menu was not great. We have stayed here many times and this is the first time we have been disappointed with the choice. We could choose from a different menu but at a £2.50 supplement per course. Kids menu OK but would be nice to see some proper food on it like a chicken dinner etc not just pasta, fish fingers. Will most probably return but perhaps not eat there in evening.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear juliebt
I am pleased to read you had a great short break and you found our team to be great with the children and welcoming. Thank you for your feedback regarding our menu’s, we are currently in the process of changing our menus and your feedback is very much appreciated.
Many thanks
Haslington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Got a good deal on laterooms. free parking at hotel. Got bus into york. Busstop just outside hotel and 5 min ride into town to train station. Breakfast was nice. Room basic but cosy and clean. Would recommend

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear katyb1234
Many thanks for your recommendation and I was pleased to read that you were able to take the bus to the City and leave your car in our Free car park.
Newton Aycliffe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

We spent 1 night only at the Holiday Inn, my daughter and I in 1 room and my friend and her daughter in another. The reception staff are pleasant and helpful, the rooms were on the ground floor, they were clean and comfortable. I did expect it to be noisy as there was a wedding there that day but happily it was peaceful. The Breakfast is quite standard, it was nice with plenty of choice and the staff made sure that the hot food was filled regularly. The hotel is close to the centre of York and has plenty of parking spaces. I would stay there again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yvonne G
Dear Yvonne G,
Many thanks for your review and recommendation and I am pleased you found the hotel to be peaceful and the wedding did not disturb you.
Chudleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great location,free parking,ten minute buses across the road(£3.70 all day rider on First,travel in,out & around as often as you like!).Two pubs across road for food if required.Hotel breakfast great!

Room Tip: We opted for twin beds as I'm currently over seven months pregnant. These are larger than averag...