“Pretty Average Holiday Inn !.”
Review of Holiday Inn York

Holiday Inn York
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room was ok and huge flat screen HD TV a nice touch = but that's about all the positves.!
I arrived at reception to find three staff in deep discussion, no-one looked up or acknowledged that I was there, eventually one of them checked me in, but no greeting. " Welcome to the Holiday Inn" would have been pleasant. Everything else fairly utility, and despite paying extra for an executive room, not alot of frills. I don't know if I read this correctly but the charge for 24 hrs wi-fi appeared to be £28 - if that is correct then I can only describe it as a complete rip off.
Holiday Inn - it's 2012 you need free wifi in the rooms !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank richardi
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn York

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Fairly convenient if you are happy to catch a bus or taxi to the city centre, rooms on the small side, but very clean. There was a huge flat screen t.v, and a executive is two singles pushed together but very comfy. There is a restaurant, food was great, well priced. Only gripe was that there was no free WiFi anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Another great stay for us. Room was immaculate once again!

Room Tip: The executive rooms are best!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SLBooth
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Clean, comfortable room, efficient front desk and a decent bar. Can't ask for much more really.

Room Tip: Get an executive upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were just looking for an easy overnight stay in York. Have not been to the city before. This Holiday Inn is as good as all their others - not close to the city centre, but close to the race course. Looks like it was built as a University campus but all the usual facilities you expect from Holiday Inn, a reasonable room with a view and clean bathroom is all we needed. Had a satisfactory meal in the restaurant (all the staff were young and new so made for some interesting exchages each time they came to the table)then was pleased to find that the football Championship Play Off Semi was on the TV in the bar, so stayed for a beer and the price was reasonable. Breakfast was as usual high-quality and loads of choice. Ample parking out the back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here on the night of 15/6/2012. I had booked the room a few days before directly with the hotel. My husband and I were attending our niece's wedding on that day. When we arrived at 11.45am we were told our room was ready as I had requested. This gave us time to refresh before heading off to the wedding in the centre of York. The receiption was at the Marriott which is just a short walk away from the Holiday Inn. The room was very spacious and pleasant. The only downside for me was that the room was rather warm during the night. Breakfast was buffet-style and the selection of food was great. The staff were all pleasant and friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caroljones1950
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel with my partner, as we had to visit York for a friends wedding. The wedding happened to be in the hotel next door (Marriott) so the close proximity was the primary reason we selected this hotel.

York is a beautiful city, but sadly we couldnt stay longer than 1 night on this particular trip.

I found the hotel to be very clean and bright. Our check-in was very professional and quick. We were grateful that a call to the hotel earlier in the day meant our room was ready when we arrived ahead of their standard check-in time. Very accomodating, particularly as we know our other friends also arrived early and had to wait for their room to become available.....

We didnt eat breakfast, as I believe it was £16pp!!! This is the only negative thing I will comment on. I am sure you will all agree that this price is mental! We popped into town, and with it being a bank holiday 4 of us ate at the Slug and Lettuce, half price food on Mondays meant it cost less than £5 each!! Sweet! :-)

I would say this hotel is excellent value and good proximity for the races. Has all your basic needs etc - but I would not stay here if I was pl;anning to spend most of my visit in the city centre.....Having said that, it is only 5-10 mins by car!

Room Tip: Don't pay silly money for the Breakfast!! Head into the city centre for a plethora of choice at...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple