“lovely mother's day!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
York
“lovely mother's day!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

5 of us went for mother's day lunch and it was lovely...we were greeted by the friendly manager....we couldnt fault the service...all the staff were very efficient and our waitress Chloe was excellent...she couldnt do enough for us....the food was excellent, well presented and very tasty...will definitely go again....the only very slight critiscm was that we felt it would have been better to clear our starter plates first before bringing the main course...but it was very very busy so we will let them off! :-)

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lynne S

“THEY FORGOT OUR ORDER”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Having waited about 40 mins from our starter for our main we were offered some free drinks and by the hustle about it became evident they had missed our order. It was about another 20 mins after that until our mains arrived.

Visited March 2014
Daventry
“Cold food mediocre service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place is on a retail park with other eateries. My wife and I decided this looked the best so we gave it a try. Wish we never bothered. The guy who showed us our table was full of energy and made us feel welcome. The place was a quarter full and we were shown to a booth, right near the door, on a cold evening! The table hadn't been cleaned properly and our host assured us that when our waitress had finished her fag break she would clean our table. She eventually came over and took our order but then left! My wife then cleaned our table. I was then told that they had no rib eye steak therefore would rump steak do? I was a bit disappointed but hey. Within 5 mins our starter came! Nothing like microwaved food as long as its cooked all the way through! I had ate the outside which was hot, only to then munch on cold potato skins! We had almost taken the last bite of our starter when a different waitress delivered our main course and started to walk away. My wife called her back to take our starter dishes away. She looked at us as if to say "are you joking" if you don't like working there, find another job! My rump steak was no more than a slice of beef that was well done and not a medium. The pepper sauce was stone cold, did the microwave break? If I ever I go back to York I will be eating elsewhere

• Visited March 2014
Leven, United Kingdom
“Can't believe the bad reviews !!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice looking restaurant clean and tidy , choice amazing , something for all 4 choosy children !! Service good , food excellent. Drinks on the expensive side ,a great family outing will definitely go again

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank bobtheb22
York, United Kingdom
“Awful service, mediocre food.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We entered the restaurant thinking it looked like a nice place to get a quick meal, after recieving one of the starters we ordered, the other one never turned up. We checked with a waitress (who had already cleaned the same table 3 times, yet didn't seem to be serving any of the tables who were waiting around us) and she said she'd check with the kitchen, turns out it was never written down to be put through the kitchen check machine. We then asked for the mains to be brought out as soon as possible. After waiting 15 minutes we saw about 10 plates on the hot plate by the kitchen, yet none of the waiting staff could be bothered to take it to the tables. My mother went over and asked the manager to bring our food over which he did. I never got a change of cutlery to eat my food and no one ever came back to check if our meal was okay. It's safe to say i'll never be going back again.

• Visited March 2014