“Okay, a good place to eat before the cinema but nothing special”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #285 of 920 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food here was nice, but it was a tad expensive. Having said that, you get 20% discount off food if you have a cinema ticket. It very much fitted the scene of a typical chain restaurant in a retail/entertainment park.

Staff were friendly but only doing their job. They also didn't have the ingredients for quite a few of the cocktails my friends wanted.

Overall, if you need a place to eat before going to the cinema and you like Mexican food, I'd recommend going here, but it isn't anything special.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I had to laugh when I saw there was more terrible reviews than excellent for this 'restaurant'.

As the saying goes....3rd time lucky....and never again!!!!! Absolute joke.

Couple next to us left before there food even came they were that disgusted....and the other couple on the other side of us ordered before we had ordered and their food arrived just as we had finished eating!

Don't even get me started on our food. The waiter didn't seem to care when I said my food was wrong. Took it back and scraped off half the food then just added cold chips onto my plate.....was still wrong.

Save your money. Go to the harvester next door!

2  Thank Del91
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Was determined never to go back after a poor visit last year, but after seeing and hearing lots of good things mentioned about the place lately and that under new management, as well as friends nagging me to give it a go.
And WOW the place has totally changed amazing , the staff and manager who were on duty were excellent, friendly and funny ( a total contrast to last year) the atmosphere is buzzing and the food is 1000 times better ,
I will continue to come back you have won me back , miles better than the rubbish served next door .

1  Thank Jamieyorklad
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went after work before going to see a movie. We had a meal voucher and it was obvious that the food for the meal voucher was the worst of the worst. Would never go back

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My Daughter entered a competition at Chiquitos and was lucky enough to win. The prize was cinema tickets for two and a meal for two at Chiquitos. We have eaten at Chiquitos several times before and always enjoyed the ambience and food and the staff are always friendly. As competition winners the customer service just got even better. After watching Iron Man 3 at Vue Yvonne and the team at Chiquitos treated us like VIP's and we enjoyed the whole experience. Thank you all so much.