“brilliant hotel to stay”
Review of Exhibition Hotel

Exhibition Hotel
Ranked #108 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Got home today after spending 2 nights at this hotel.The hotel is in an excellent location being just 1 minute from the city and all the shops, bars restuarants and city sights.Inside the hotel the rooms are spacious (we had a double en-suite)and ours was spotless with clean towels every day and all the toiletries needed in the room.Downstairs you go into a beautiful public house with a large open fire and for me a choice of different hand pulled beers.There is a large beer garden to the rear with private parking for your car.I will not put a comment about the breakfast because we enjoyed our stay in York that much we failed to get up for it as our bed was too comfortable.If you fancy a stay in York you will not go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holly1958
There are newer reviews for Exhibition Hotel

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had 2 great days stopping here ,the room was spacious and spotless,the bar area is lovely and the hotels in a prime spot just a few mins from the centre. Will definitely stay here again .Having stayed in numerous hotels and guest houses in york this one will be our first choice in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank della l
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Each stay at the Exhibition is better than the last. The hotel has a wonderful staff, a lovely ambience and great food. The location is prime, the Minster is just 3 mins away. Parking is on the hotel grounds , which for me is a must. All the meals are great, drinks are a touch pricey but then again this is more than made up for by the caring and welcoming approach of the staff of the hotel.

Will be calling again.

Room Tip: Would suggest room 5 or 1 and 2, the back rooms where too noisy for us.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve623
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Just returned from a great weekend in York made special by the reception we got from all the people at The Exhibition Hotel. We had originally booked into another B&B who messed up our rooms so we had to cancel but the Exhibition was able to accommodate us at short notice and I am glad they could. The rooms were nice and breakfast was excellent, nothing was too much trouble for Olga and Rose. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone as it is well placed for York minster and town. Thanks again to Olga and Rose you made our weekend with your pleasant attitude.
Mac

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShaunMac1966
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Really good accommodation. Staff and food were excellent. However there was a mix up with my booking. I booked two nights for myself and my husband and one night for my brother and his wife. Unfortunately when my brother arrived there was no trace of a booking for him. I know I made it as I had two lengthy conversations with the same member of staff. Rose, the Spanish employee, was extremely helpful. She actually found a B&B down the road for my brother and his wife and took them there. It was actually more expensive than the Exhibition as the breakfast incurred an additional charge. I asked, as a gesture of good will given the mix up, if my brother and his wife could be given a complimentary breakfast at the Exhibition. The manager refused this request which was rather disappointing and the only example of poor customer service received.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay in the exhibition hotel but we had our evening meal there both evenings while we were in York. We have been coming to York every year for the last 18 years and have tried most pubs for a meal and we have to say that this is the best place. The meals are pub prices but restaurant food the service is quick and the staff are very friendly there was 6 of us all having different meals which was served all at the same time, hot and plenty on the plate. 2 of the group have big appetites but they were very glad they didn't have a starter and couldn't manage a desert. It's defiantly worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SheffieldMossip
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Homely clean and good value. And the best cooked breakfast we have ever had. The young girl who serves breakfast is always around to help and answer questions. Great location only a minute or two away from Minster and very central. Spot on and thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013