Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice Visit.

Nice little pub on a busy street with a glass frontage so great for a bit of people watching. Good... read more

Reviewed March 30, 2019
Brufsters
Consett, United Kingdom
Smashing!

Fabulous minimalist place for great beverages. Friendly staff and enjoyable music. Would definitely... read more

Reviewed March 26, 2019

from $42.08
from $19.42
from $63.45
More Info
All reviews york brewery the pub steak and ale pie guest beers good selection of ales real ale day trip to york worth a visit city centre pint pubs guzzler terrier landlord ghost shambles samples
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2018

I visited The Last Drop a couple of days ago and was very disappointed. I e-mailed York Brewery advising them of my experience but I have received neither reply nor acknowledgement. This is what I sent them:

The Last Drop has been one of my most favourite pubs to visit in York ever since my son went to Uni there many years ago. When visiting I would always call in there for a pint or two of Centurion's Ghost,my favourite beer but alas nowthat I have coeliac disease I can no longer drink beer.
Yesterday at about midday I called in there with my son. On the board inside it proclaimed that there were six real ciders available, but when I went to the bar there were but two,neither of which were traditional,so I ordered a pint of fizzy Aspells for myself and a coffee for my son, and the barmaid said that she would bring the coffee over. After about five minutes or so the coffee had not appeared (it was quiet, not busy in the pub) and I went to find out what had happened. The barmaid was deeply engrossed in doing something with her mobile phone and ignored me until I interrupted after a minute or so. She apologised,seemingly having forgotten the order and went to make it and bring it to the table.
I visited the gents before leaving and was quite shocked. Despite the early hour the toilets did not look as though they had been cleaned for AT LEAST a day,there was a pool of urine on the floor, and the toilet seat was partly broken. It all looked shabby and grubby.
We also visited the Wonkey Donkey and found that that was excellent. What has happened to the Last Drop? I haven't put anything on Trip Advisor as I thought I should contact you in the first instance.

Date of experience: November 2018
MitchellsofLanc, Manager at The Last Drop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Hello doyley50
We are sorry you were disappointed with your recent visit however we have no record of your email complaint... Please contact the pub directly so we can clarify?
We check all facilities regularly and always try to ensure customers have an enjoyable experience with us and we hope you choose to visit us again soon,

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

Called in on a Monday evening after 10, place was empty apart from 1 customer. Felt like we were intruding on the barmaids quiet night, very unfriendly but beer was good. Have been in the past when the service was better and they have a good range of beers so won't let the bad service put me off going again

Date of experience: November 2018
MitchellsofLanc, Manager at The Last Drop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2018

Hi 876jackiec
Monday nights in November aren't the busiest usually but your comments are noted - thank you. Glad you enjoyed our beer at least and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

After visiting brewery in earlier city visits which enjoyed ,gave this pub ago.
Went in about around 18.40 was very quiet at the time,ordered 3 drinks certainly pricier than others in area for a start.Then to be asked age of son (15) after been served expensive pint of Pepsi to be told we had to out for 7pm which lead to us having rushed visit instead savour an Ale. Felt disappointed on such unwelcoming staff approach certainly not what accustomed to in York considering how dead pub was perhaps staff with more personality would help make place bit busier. Fortunately moved onto 2 much more welcoming much busier establishments.

Date of experience: October 2018
MitchellsofLanc, Manager at The Last Drop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Hello JKLM6
Thank you for your comments, they have been noted. We are struggling to verify the facts in this case and invite you to call the pub to speak to the manager - our prices are in line with other York pubs and our staff are known for their friendliness...it's almost like you may have the wrong pub here?

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Great pub. Great food and exceptional beer. We had the Terrier to top off a great lunch. Staff were really friendly.

Date of experience: October 2018
MitchellsofLanc, Manager at The Last Drop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Hi Antony W
Great review! Many thanks and come back soon?

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Liked the atmosphere, liked the beer, liked the staff. We did not eat there but from what I saw of other people it looked good pub grub. Went back a few times during our stay and will go back again

Date of experience: October 2018
MitchellsofLanc, Manager at The Last Drop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Hi Peter M
Many thanks for taking the time to post this great review - we do hope you choose to return soon and try our food!