“Wow”
Review of The Last Drop Inn

The Last Drop Inn
Ranked #4 of 50 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff are friendly, welcoming and what's more, they really know about real ale and are on hand to advise you in your choice of drink. Great location, interesting characters and unique regulars make this an excellent place for people watching. Our pub policy is NO jukeboxes, gaming machines or children, so you can relax and enjoy your drinks in peace and quiet.
Batley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

What a meal ! Ate at the inn for the first time today but have drank in there before and the ale was at the usual high standard. However I had the steak and ale pie with potato wedges which was without doubt the finest of its kind I have had anywhere. You may think I am exaggerating when I say that but I mean every word. The pie dish was filled to the brim with the tenderest steak in the most superb gravy topped off with a very nice pastry. There were thick cut tasty potato wedges supported with a mixture of peas and carrots. Whilst the potatoes and veg were fine the pie was fantastic, so much so that my son and I went to see the chef in the kitchen to thank him personally. If you are looking for a great steak and ale pie, look no further and if you are in York you would be a fool to miss out on the chance of trying it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank AlecBatley

Basildon
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Always great Ale & friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

In York for a day and went for a beer at "The Last Drop" as usual. Received the normal, highly friendly greeting and with a few new (to me) beers on tap I was offered a tasting sample and settled for the excellent American Style IPA from the York Brewery. Brilliant Ale but rather strong for a lunchtime session.

Chatted with some of the locals and enjoyed my brief visit but didn't have a meal this time as I had something else arranged but afterwards wished I'd stayed and had the superb sausages & mash which has never failed to please in the past.

Looking forward to my next trip to York and this excellent pub!

1 Thank Alan E
Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best pub in York”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Friendly staff, great range of beer and brilliant pub food at very keen prices.
What more could you ask.
The big chain pubs could learn a lot from this first class little pub.

1 Thank BobG_Fife
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Best steak pie in the world”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Popped by for a drink on the first day of a long weekend, great atmospheric little pub.

Popped by the next day for steak and ale pie. Amazing! Have no other words for it.
Friendly staff, chef takes a lot of pride in what he serves, neither wonder, he's great at what he does.
Fairly priced too.
would go back in a heartbeat!

1 Thank Lisa F
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great pub but beware the vegetable lasagna (not a vegetable in sight)”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had a great selection of real ales and ciders. However my visit was marred by the fact the vegetable lasagna had no vegetables in it. On the menu it had no description other than Vegetable Lasagna and unfortunately I presumed this is what I would receive. However it seems that quorn mince constitutes vegetable lasagna. It doesn't. If a description of what was in the lasagna would have been provided on the menu this could have been avoided. As would the lasagna being correctly labelled Vegetarian lasagna. I'm not vegetarian I just don't like mince.

Visited August 2013