“Afternon tea.”

The Grand Afternoon Tea
Ranked #11 of 57 Coffee & Tea in York
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York, United Kingdom
“Afternon tea.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went for afternoon tea has treat for my daughters birthday, we also took my baby Grandson, even though some of the fellow diners dudnt generate any warmth to a infant being in a high chair in a very posh restaurant I can not fault the staff they was very friendly and very kind, thank you very much for that.

laura t, Manager at The Grand Afternoon Tea, responded to this review, June 27, 2015
Dear Tina H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip to York and your experience with us at The Grand Hotel & Spa

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable afternoon tea and we are pleased to hear that the team were able to look after you so well

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand in the not too distant future

Kind regards,
Laura Spouse

Howden, England, United Kingdom
“A truly wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I recently took my mother to Cedar Court for a birthday treat, we used the spa followed by afternoon tea. What a precious time we spent together in a beautiful, relaxing atmosphere. The staff were attentive, polite and courteous, nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious and a great selection of teas. We were so impressed we returned in december for the Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea Party with my seven year old son and i can only describe that experience as magical. Cedar Court, you have got it SO right!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nicola G
Michael T, Manager at The Grand Afternoon Tea, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Nicola

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent afternoon tea with us. I’m delighted you enjoyed the experience so much that you decided to join us for our Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Best Wishes
London, United Kingdom
“Better than Betty's Tea Room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very good.
I also tried Betty's Tea Room's afternoon tea. I strongly recommended Cedar Court Grand! The food is better quality, the value is more valuable and you dont need to queue.

I will definitely come again, and recommended to everyone. Reservation for weekend is strongly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
Dear ZhaoJiajia,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a fantastic review of your recent afternoon tea at The Grand, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you were impressed by our team.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your afternoon so much to compare us with Bettys.

I do hope that on your next visit to York you will visit us once again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Kind Regards
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best afternoon tea in Yorkshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Recently, me and my mum visited the Cedar Court as part of her 50th birthday celebrations. We had a champagne afternoon tea and it was amazing! The champagne was chilled and the cork on it freshly popped; the sandwiches and cakes were arranged beautifully (almost looked too good to eat) and they tasted amazing; and the service - 10 out of 10.

The waiter overheard me and my mum talking about the fact it was her birthday and when he brought out the cakes had put a candle in the top and sang to her - it was such a nice gesture. He made us feel very welcome and was so, so friendly.

The atmosphere was perfect - it wasn't really busy but we weren't the only people in there. We also had lovely views over the City Walls as we sat and enjoyed our treats.

My mum is a seasoned afternoon tea pro (she has visited many well-known places in York and Yorkshire) and rated this one the best of the best. We would recommend it to everybody.

Dear nd1991,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review of your recent afternoon tea at The Grand, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I am so pleased to hear that our team discovered that it was your mother’s birthday and made your afternoon special by putting a candle in her cake and also singing for her.

Also for your mum a seasoned afternoon tea pro to say we are the best in Yorkshire is a real honour and I’m sure all the staff here will be as pleased as I am myself to hear it.

I do hope that you choose to decide to spend your next special occasion with us here again.

Kind Regards
York, United Kingdom
“Delightful Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Myself and my Mum went to the Cedar Court for afternoon tea. I can honestly say that it was such a fantastic experience. The food was superb and the staff were really friendly and instantly made us feel comfortable. The ambience of the hotel was completely relaxed and it didn't feel at all stuffy. I would whole-heartedly recommend Cedar Court again to anyone for afternoon tea. Five star hotel, five star food and five star service! Best afternoon tea in York.

Dear ChatterboxYork,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent afternoon tea with us. I’m delighted you and your Mother enjoyed the experience so much that you would recommend us to your friends and family.

Best Wishes