“Home From Home.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Orchard Rose Cottage
Ranked #140 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Having stayed at Orchard Rose Cottage twice this year I can honestly say it is the best B&B I have had the pleasure of staying in. (March 2012 & July 2012)

As soon as I arrived on my first visit, I was greeted by Janet and her two beautifully well behaved dogs, Jack & Daisy. They were quickly ushered away into their utility room and remained calm and quiet behind their gate for the remainder of my stay. As I arrived for my second stay I was once again greeted by Janet, Jack & Daisy but more as a friend and felt truly welcome.

My room was clean, airy and very homely as was the rest of the house. Janet offered lunch and dinner during my stays, her food was lovely especially her puddings, even breakfast was a meal to look forward to!

Beautiful views from the house and walks close by with no concern for walking my dog in the early hours of the morning.

Certainly a home from home and I can’t wait to plan my next stay at Orchard Rose Cottage with Janet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The moment you enter and meet your hostess Janet you are in for a treat, Charmong and welcoming, Then the bedroom really cosy and once you see the fluffy bathrobes you never want to leave.

The typical English breakfast is another excellent reason to stay, Can't wait to get back many thanks Janet

Room Tip: small and quiet so any room is good, mine of course was the best I think
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Awonderful greeting started the experience. The food was lovely, fresh cooked and with the just out of the ground taste. The accomadation lovely and comfortable. You felt as though you were at home. Thoroughly recommended so much so we have booked again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We was given a very warm welcome by Janet, who went over and above board to make our stay happy. Room was lovely with en suite.Excellent Breakfast. We loved it and hope to visit again one day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2012

A really excellent example of an English B&B. Lovely rooms, beds, linen and bathroom. We didn't know there were any dogs there until we asked. Their welcome was just as warm as Janets!! Set in a quiet rural hamlet, it was the perfect retreat from the busy wedding we'd been to. The breakfast was excellent and the overall visit was a delight.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I spent 3 nights at orchard rose cottage and I could honestly say I could not fault it. I stay away on a regular basis and this was the best B+B that I have ever stayed in.
Janet was a first class host and I was made to feel very welcome as soon as I arrived, as was my 7 month old cocker spaniel " Dolly", who was also well catered for. I especially enjoyed my morning and evening walks with my dog in the surrounding countryside.
The accomadation, food and location was exellent, I was sorry when Friday morning came and I had to leave.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Ground floor room was very accessible BUT Bed was a bit too high even for me.

Breakfast was good and locally sourced. It was nice to be able to relax in the garden and come and go as I pleased.

Phone and WiFi signal was intermittent.
Owner was very friendly and helpful.

Bill was a little more than I expected.

Room Tip: Ground Floor has SMALL en suite.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo