“Ten out of Ten”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Orchard Rose Cottage
Ranked #133 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I spent 3 nights at orchard rose cottage and I could honestly say I could not fault it. I stay away on a regular basis and this was the best B+B that I have ever stayed in.
Janet was a first class host and I was made to feel very welcome as soon as I arrived, as was my 7 month old cocker spaniel " Dolly", who was also well catered for. I especially enjoyed my morning and evening walks with my dog in the surrounding countryside.
The accomadation, food and location was exellent, I was sorry when Friday morning came and I had to leave.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Ground floor room was very accessible BUT Bed was a bit too high even for me.

Breakfast was good and locally sourced. It was nice to be able to relax in the garden and come and go as I pleased.

Phone and WiFi signal was intermittent.
Owner was very friendly and helpful.

Bill was a little more than I expected.

Room Tip: Ground Floor has SMALL en suite.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The location was perfect for our night at Castle Howard, you get the biggest breakfast I have ever seen. Had to give the sausage to the lovely 2 dogs (Daisy and Jack) who are friendly and quiet. Lovely room, well worth the money. Janet doesn't get the acknowledgement she should, she has only been in business for a year and should be highlighted in more places. Well worth a visit...we will be back. We had the en-suite room.

Room Tip: Have the en-suite room...we did.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed here overnight with friends for a local wedding and it was great. Janet was welcoming and extremely helpful, even when we were a bit demanding! The bath robes were very luxurious and soft and made getting ready for the wedding easier. The breakfast was yummy and a good size and the rooms were clean, light & airy, had up to date country decor and comfy beds. We had a perfect time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We initially booked for a few nights but stayed for over a week. Janet runs an excellent B&B with great food in a beautiful conversion of an old cottage, with lots of space and light and laughter. Beautiful country setting with Jack and Jill (Ponies) on view from the Dining area in a nearby field. Another Jack, and a Daisy (Black flat-coated retrievers) live in the garage conversion and add to the homely feel of the place. They never bark and are great fun. (We're not dog owners, but could be tempted). We will be going back and would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Myself and 2 colleagues stayed here whilst workng close by and I have to say that this little place is wonderful. The attention to detail and homely, friendly atmosphere makes it the perfect place to stay in Yorkshire. The breakfast was superb - the best I've ever had. I cant praise this place highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

If you are looking for the perfect bed and breakfast then this is the one. As soon as we arrived we felt the warm and friendly atmosphere (no awkward moments).
While we relaxed the service went on without notice, very difficult to achieve but this was done with ease.
Advisable to eat in and not miss any of Janet's great cooking ...spoil yourself.
We stayed there while on a weekend break and have booked again. Must be good as I do like to have a change but if ever I want to stop over while travelling North or when visiting the York area this place is not to be missed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family