“True hospitality”
Review of Tower Guest House

Tower Guest House
Ranked #5 of 195 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights last December at the Tower Guest House.
Lovely and very clean rooms, excellent breakfast but most of all, the great sense of welcoming and caring from the owner Tony, who always made us feel at home.
Thank you. Gianfranco & Graziella

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hosts Tony and Diana were very accomodating, Tony even rung us to find out what time we would arrive. On arrival we were greeted by the hosts who told us all about York, places to visit and where to eat. The room was spotless, warm, luxury bedding, comfortable and splendid decor.The full English breakfast was delicious, my partner had eggs benedict and said it was to die for, there was piping hot 'real' coffee, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts and muffins. In the room there was complimentary quality streets, coffee and tea making facilities and a fridge with bottled water inside, large tv on the wall with freeview tv. Overall great stay, only a ten minute walk into York city centre, would recommend anybody to stay here.

Room Tip: Room number 3 is the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this guest house last night for one night. I was warmly welcomed by the owners and they were very helpful and friendly.

The room was lovely, warm and quiet and extremely clean. There was a small fridge containing bottled water and tea / coffe making facilities with plenty of choice. The wall mounted tv was well placed and a good size.

The bathroom was spotless and clean.

I had an excellent nights sleep and the bed was very comfortable.

I was able to customise my breakfast and the food was excellent with additional cereal / fruit / juices. The owners were warm and welcoming again at breakfast and I was able to choose the time of my breakfast to fit in with my plans.

I paid £45.00 as a single occupant and I feel this is excellent value for money. I would definitely go back and also recommend to anyone staying in York.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a lovely stay here, despite the reason for my trip (an interview). Tony and Diana were very welcoming hosts. The room was comfortable and the breakfast yummy although it was a shame that preinterview nerves prevented me from taking the cooked option.
When I returned from the interview with a migraine (having got the job!) to pick up my bag but not feeling up to the trip home, Tiny and Diana kindly let me use a room to have a sleep for a couple of hours to help my headache. It was a lifesaver!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Welcomed by Tony who was very friendly. I stayed in room 1 which is small but immaculately kept and loved the complimentary quality streets! Very cosy, warm, clean guest house with extremely delicious breakfast. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed hear from the 23 11 2012 we had a party of 4 the rooms were excellent lovely and clean and the hosts were very nice a cup of tea on arrival lovely location would recommended to any one thanks tony
And all for a lovely weekend all the best Melvin Tina Hugh and Jane
See you next year

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room (Room 1) was a little small but that didn't bother me one bit as it had everything i could want plus a computer right outside my door. Excellent and friendly hosts, top class breakfast and only a 10 minute walk into town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo