“Excellent food and energetic service”

Il Paradiso del Cibo
Ranked #37 of 909 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real and authentic italian food with strong sardinian influence.Good selection of home-made fresh pasta , regional italian dishes, fantastic pizzas cooked in a real wood burn pizza oven .large screen tv featuring all the major european leagues games live.Original wine list with all the best sardinian wines at great prices.
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on recommendation from a friend, and we weren't disappointed. It was jam packed, the service was personal ( with plenty of jokes thrown in) and the food arrived really quickly. And it was excellent- up there with the best dishes we have eaten in Italy. Not a place for a quiet dinner, but definitely one for good food and light hearted humour

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had this restaurant highly recommended by several people - even the taxi driver taking me home from a previous night out with friends! We certainly weren't disappointed, think it's the best spinach & ricotta canneloni I've ever had and my friend was just as impressed with her calzone pizza - have never seen he actually finish the whole thing before! Can't praise the limoncello tiramisu highly enough - we will definitely be back. Only slight downside is that it is quite noisy as always busy and we thought if we went as a larger group we might not hear each other but for the 2 of us it was great.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Every single time I go back to el paradiso for meal with the missus and sometimes with friends - the food gets better and better. It is simply the best italian restaurant in York.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a cute place with a buzzing atmosphere (probably due to the fact it's always chock full).

The food we've had here has always been pretty standard Italian fare, though I've been told the tiramisu is beautiful. The staff are very friendly and eccentric, creating a real Italian experience.

I would like to say that disappointingly our booking has been forgotten several times, but they've always managed to fit us in after sending us away for a pint elsewhere first (never a problem!).

If you're looking for good value Italian food in a great location, then head here.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had the most amazing meal last night. I have had great Italian food in Italy but it's never as good here in England. This was the exception. We used to come here when it was a simple sandwich shop selling the best sandwiches I had ever had, and recognised the lovely owner who greeted us at the door. Now it's a fantastic restaurant selling the most fantastic Italian food I have ever had outside of Italy (and possibly within Italy). Definitely my favourite restaurant now and can't wait to return. The prices are reasonable, the staff are warm and friendly, the atmosphere is great and the food is just exceptional!