“Terrible Service”

Il Paradiso del Cibo
Ranked #36 of 920 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real and authentic italian food with strong sardinian influence.Good selection of home-made fresh pasta , regional italian dishes, fantastic pizzas cooked in a real wood burn pizza oven .large screen tv featuring all the major european leagues games live.Original wine list with all the best sardinian wines at great prices.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Would like to of visited this restaurant as heard the food was good - however, telephoned to make a booking and was told in no uncertain terms that they were too busy to take bookings and to ring back and with that the phone was put down. HOW RUDE!!!!!! I shall now not be making any bookings.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had booked a table from 6 to 8 but due to unforeseen two members of our party arrived 15 minutes late- sadly our evening got off to a poor start when the owner angrily told us we should have booked our table for later as we were wasting table space. Cue awkward laughter, as we assumed he wouldn't be so rude to customers and was joking; the look on his face informed us otherwise. We felt rushed into making our orders, all in all it was not a great atmosphere. However from there on our meal improved and the food was faultless- the pizzas were especially delicious, authentically Italian and I would highly recommend them. Other than the initial rudeness we had a great meal, the restaurant itself is slightly cramped but wonderfully colourful and though I probably wouldn't go again it's definitely worth a try.

1  Thank killtacos
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

After reading the t.a reviews and talking to some friends I was told this was the Italian restaurant to go to in our area. Big mistake!. As we were dining on a Saturday night we booked. When we arrived at the restaurant it was packed but we were shown to out table straight away, a tiny cramped table, that would fit two people, not four!. The restaurant staff were clearly rushing us from the beginning, pushing us to order food and drink asap. Starters were fine, but the main course was far too salty. We then asked for puddings and a glass of wine each. My friend had not even finished her pudding when we were asked to hurry up as they needed our table! We were then asked to hurry up a further four times before we left the remainder of our drinks, paid the bill, and left. THE most over hyped restaurant in York.

1  Thank Sean P
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were in York for a weekend break and decided to eat here on Friday night after reading the reviews on T.A., quite a small restuarant with simple decor but most importantly the food was delicious.
I started with mussels and clams in a tomato type sauce with plenty of fresh bread to soak up the sauce and my wife had bruchettta, both delicious, in between courses we had to move tables to allow a bigger party in, we were'nt really given a choice. For the mains I had black squid ink pasta with scallops and king prawns done in a sauce with chillie in it also, absolutely delicious, my wife had a ravioli dish which was filled with scallops and prawns (I think), which was also tasty, washed down with a bottle of the house red.
Despite us having to move tables, I would certainly return here if we were in York again

Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of the more basic Italian restaurants in York. What the decor lacks, the friendly staff more than make up for! Seating is cramped and the restaurant does get very busy which is a testament to the food and the reasonable prices. You need to book - it's most definitely not a walk in restaurant due to the small amount of covers. I have enjoyed wonderful fresh pasta dishes and numerous specials off the board. My last visit was a less impressive Calzone which was somewhat lacking of filling! I hope this little taste of Italy maintains its consistency with general food quality and great value for money.

1  Thank Helena365