“Lovely food, friendly atmosphere”

Il Paradiso del Cibo
Ranked #33 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real and authentic italian food with strong sardinian influence.Good selection of home-made fresh pasta , regional italian dishes, fantastic pizzas cooked in a real wood burn pizza oven .large screen tv featuring all the major european leagues games live.Original wine list with all the best sardinian wines at great prices.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have been here a few time now, with my husband for dinner, with all the family for lunch and with colleagues after work. Every time it has been great. Very good food, authentic Italian, the specials are not cheap but they one,s I have tasted we're all lovely. The clams and mussels starter was delicious, the pizzas are good too. It,s very small so you are quite crammed in and it's quite a loud informal cafe feel, so prob not best if you want a pash atmosphere, but the food is top quality.

1  Thank Zoeboey

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited on Sunday night as a group of 6 friends, and we made very welcome straight away.
Lots of Italian banter with the waiter, this was just like being on holiday and put a smile on your face.

The usual bread oil and balsamic was brought to us without asking, so good so far.

I had mozzarella n tomato salad as a starter which was plenty and consisted of a whole large mozzarella ball which is rare nowadays as you'd normally get a few slices. It tasted great and was perfect with the usual olive oil and balsamic dressing.

We all had different pizza's which where all amazing traditional thin and very tasty, one of our party asked for a specific off the menu pizza which was no trouble at all.

The outside and to some respects the inside does this place no justice, don't let that put you off the proof is in the eating.
The price was reasonable the food excellent and the banter was great fun, what more would you want in an Italian restaurant.

We will return again soon.

1  Thank Yorkshirepadd
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Il Paradiso del Cibo is a fantastic restaurant in York. It has a great atmosphere and you feel transported to a cafe in Italy.
The food is good quality and fresh and soooooo delicious. Try the grilled prawns to start - amazing and anything on the specials board.
It's a shame to review it because it's already hard to get a table but I think everyone deserves to try it.

1  Thank angeltad
Reviewed February 2, 2013

From its friendly staff through to its authentic dishes, Il Paradiso offers a true Italian experience. During the week Il Paradiso offers an excellent value set menu; pizza or pasta plus a large glass of wine or beer for only £5.95 per head. At these prices you may not be expecting the best quality but you would be pleasantly surprised! I had one of the most enjoyable pizzas that I have had in York and my gf had a delicious carbonara. To follow this we shared a tiramisu which was similarly impressive. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant although booking is essential as due to its charm it is always packed to the rafters.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I happened upon this place purely by chance, while wandering around York one lunchtime trying to find a chinese restaurant (does York not have one?). Stepping through the door you feel like you've left the UK and arrived in Italy. Everything inside reminded me of a little pizzeria up a back street in Milan, where the locals but not the tourists eat. Yes, one of the waiters was a bit rude, but that would be the case in Italy too. The other waiter was friendly, helpful and gave us just the right amount of attention, making us feel "at home". The food was excellent - we had pizza - and reasonably priced (I always think pizza is over-priced in the UK). The TV was tuned into Rai Uno, and we could hear loud discussions in Italian coming out of the kitchen. Even the toilets looked like they'd been lifted directly out of a bar in some Italian city's centro storico. I'd definitely not be afraid of bringing Italian friends here. Wonderful experience!