“Great value and super Sicilian food day or night”

Il Paradiso del Cibo
Ranked #45 of 881 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real and authentic italian food with strong sardinian influence.Good selection of home-made fresh pasta , regional italian dishes, fantastic pizzas cooked in a real wood burn pizza oven .large screen tv featuring all the major european leagues games live.Original wine list with all the best sardinian wines at great prices.
York, United Kingdom
“Great value and super Sicilian food day or night”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here one lunch time with my brother after having walked past it several times and smelling the mouth watering aromas from within. If you are having trouble finding this place just follow your nose!!!

There was a deal on at lunchtime for pizza and pasta that was great value for money and excellent if you are on a budget. The food is still delicious and isn't scrimped on which makes it an even better deal.

The food was amazing and authentic and the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.

I enjoyed it that much that I booked an evening table for my birthday for me and 8 friends there and then for the month after.

My birthday came around (December) and I wasn't dissapointed!

The staff were different than on the afternoon I went in before but the new faces were just as friendly and accommodating as the others.

The food was marvelous and well presented and was still an good price even for the HUGE King Prawns and the Lobster. Both are recommended along with the homemade super thin tasty Pizzas.

I will definitely be going back again, its a little piece of Sicily just outside the heart of York.

Don't be put of by the busy decor, it just makes for a better experience.

They do ask for a £5 per head deposit for reservations in the run up to Christmas and they don't take Debit Cards, you pay by cash only.

• Visited December 2012

York, United Kingdom
“The Best Italian in York”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very authentic, almost like being in an italian family home, the staff are really lovely. The menu is varied and interesting. In fact too many dishes to choose from ....then you get food envy watching the plates go out! All ingredients are fresh. There's a great atmosphere which is down to the staff making the customers feel at home. The only problem now is everyone's getting to know about this fabulous secret so It's harder to get a table. I often need to plan 2 weeks in advance.

• Visited November 2012
Malaga, Spain
“When I read the reviews I could not believe it to be the same restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can only rate this restaurant on my initial call to make a booking and walking into the restaurant to ask for my table, because of the rudeness we encountered from the bad tempered waiter we did not even sit to eat.
I had two days before rung to make a booking as I had heard such good things about this restaurant, I made a booking and at the time had to repeat three time the fact that the table was for three not for two. When I arrived at the restaurant after being ignored for several minutes an irate waiter walked up to us and without a smile asked had we booked, to which we replied yes for three. He walked away and came back to us waving his booking sheet informing us that we had only booked for two. When I tried to explain that three times I had said for three on the phone he did not want to hear except to rudely say we would have a long wait for a table.

At that point none of us had any inclination to sit down, he did not care less. I can only assume that because they are always so busy they do not have to worry about politeness. Fortunately for us we then went to the Blue Bicycle further up the road which was fantastic and well recommended. Staff are efficient and friendly and the food excellent.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bustan22
London, United Kingdom
“Bravo”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

One of the better more authentic Italian restaurants in Yorkshire. Friendly attentive waiters. Good buzz in the place and the Risotto is excellent. Sadly the Buffalo Mozzarella antipasto was served very cold. It should always be room temp. The guys should be careful about these things. A lot of people travelling to Italy nowadays know the score. Also wasn't too sure about my sardine starter special. Were they fresh? Didn't taste it. However these things were somewhat rescued by the main course of risotto al aragosta (always the best way around - average starter excellent main).

Visited January 2013
bibblebobbler
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fresh and lively!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Always a pleasure to visit, staff are attentive, warm and friendly, food is delicious, lots of choice!
Its a very small place and is always full, so not recommended if you like lots of personal space, but if you're with a group it adds to the ambience as its so lively.
Wine comes in a litre bottle rather than 75cl!

• Visited January 2013