“Absolutely Filthy”
Review of Water World - CLOSED

Water World
More attraction details
Owner description: This attraction is a fun-day out for the entire family, which offers a small pool just for swimming and a larger pool with a wave machine and lazy river.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely Filthy”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I took our two children to Waterworld this past Sunday. The locker rooms were completely filthy with dirty, un-mopped water all over. I hated walking in it without shoes. The changing room had some sort of melted sweets stuck to the wall and my ten year old daughter didn't want any of her clothes to touch the bench or the floor. The pool was cold, murky, with black and red bits broken off of the floating devices all over. Whilst "floating" in the lazy river, my daughter bumped into me and I reached toward the wall and cut my finger quite badly on a cut/rough tile. The sky lights are covered in green mould. My children had a lot of fun, as they love to swim; however next time I'll take them to Energise and save myself the money and the hazmat shower I needed afterwards.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cason473

Yarm, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun but filthy!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Water is very cold especially in the baby pool. My 2 year olds lips went blue! Changing rooms are disgusting, never seen dirt like it. Wet toilet roll all over the toilet floor. Only 3 showers working out of 10 so there was a queue to use them. The water slides were good fun and we enjoyed the wave machine but I would not return unless it was warmer and a lot cleaner!

1 Thank Pop92
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a place that needs serious help and money invested.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Me,my partner and 2 kids visited water-world on 8th Feb 2014.It was the most awful experience of my life.Paid £15 to get in.No cash back facilities or cash machine.Could not pay by card at the canteen.So had to go to Salisbury's which was the nearest cash machine.Food was ok put piping hot for kids,so kids had to wait patiently for it to cool.which isn't easy for a 2 year old and 5 year old hungry and impatient.When in changing rooms they were dirty and cold.Can only use locker once as it swallows 20p.Only had one 20p so had to leave locker open with car-keys,wallet and money in.I asked life guard if she could help and she said no we cant hand out 20p coins.She said there is signs everywhere which they was not.When in pool they were cold.2 year old shivering.kids pool was also cold and was told to get of steps on slide when helping my 2 year old daughter up so she was safe and didn't fall.Kids pool then closed because it was dirty.When getting out 5 showers did not work.Only 3 did.So people queuing up for a shower.Overall was such a bad experience.Staff are unfriendly and place needs a serious revamp.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank AndrewbJ3167PN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very run down”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

went during the day with a 2 year old, there was only the 2 of us for most of the time but I understand why it was cold and drafty with workmen opening the door on a winters day. although the toddler had fun I was freezing most of the pools were closed which we were not told when paying so we only had the toddler area to play in which was very dirty with sand on the floor of pool rust on the slide and the fake rocks were crumbling in to the water. none of the jets etc worked so basically I sat cold in a dirty pool while she played on a damaged slide, really not good. Only good thing was the lifeguards were friendly.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lucyb1977
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Something different from the average pool but dated and cold”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a fun pool with a couple of good slides for the kids and a little lazy river saw ell as a regular swimming pool, but it's looking quite old and dated and could use a revamp. The changing rooms were cold as was the pool when we visited. What I did like was that it is quite compact in comparison to other 'attraction' pools like Barnsley metrodome and Alton towers so I would have been happy with the 2 kids on my own as I could reasonably have kept my eye on them easily enough. Not somewhere I would go out of my way to visit, but if we are heading out York way for something else I might pop the swimming gear in the boot on the off chance!

Visited April 2013