“very run down”
Review of Water World - CLOSED

Water World
More attraction details
Owner description: This attraction is a fun-day out for the entire family, which offers a small pool just for swimming and a larger pool with a wave machine and lazy river.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

went during the day with a 2 year old, there was only the 2 of us for most of the time but I understand why it was cold and drafty with workmen opening the door on a winters day. although the toddler had fun I was freezing most of the pools were closed which we were not told when paying so we only had the toddler area to play in which was very dirty with sand on the floor of pool rust on the slide and the fake rocks were crumbling in to the water. none of the jets etc worked so basically I sat cold in a dirty pool while she played on a damaged slide, really not good. Only good thing was the lifeguards were friendly.

1  Thank Lucyb1977

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a fun pool with a couple of good slides for the kids and a little lazy river saw ell as a regular swimming pool, but it's looking quite old and dated and could use a revamp. The changing rooms were cold as was the pool when we visited. What I did like was that it is quite compact in comparison to other 'attraction' pools like Barnsley metrodome and Alton towers so I would have been happy with the 2 kids on my own as I could reasonably have kept my eye on them easily enough. Not somewhere I would go out of my way to visit, but if we are heading out York way for something else I might pop the swimming gear in the boot on the off chance!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Read reviews before we went was weary but to be honest people are just been picky and need to live and have fun, yes it was no five star immaculate place it was a bit run down and grubby and yes it's costs a whole 20p for a locker! The tyre ride was not working but was informed and apologised for before taking our money, But my kids 7months 8 years 12 years nephew 6 years niece 2 years and us big kids 4 adults had a great time make the most of what you got rather than moan, was a great day out came over 30 miles and definitely worth it every child of ours came out smiling and can't wait for next visit ( fun parents playing with the kids rather than looking for things to moan about) water was very warm this was a very big bonus, staff at reception was very helpful and polite - might be bit run down but we had fun so who cares about a bit of cosmetic look. Try it for yourself

4  Thank Kerryann_83
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited here with our ten month daughter during a family trip to York. We were so disappointed with this pool! It clearly has had no money spent on it for years and is in serious need of reburshment. We paid just under £10 for the three of us which was extortionate considering when we got down to the pool area we were told all pools other than the baby pool were closed. The place was freezing and I was actually quite concerned my little one would get too cold. I understand baby pools are supposed to be warmer to ensure babies don't get too cold! The baby pool equipment was old, out dated, dirty in parts and was also heavily rusted in parts. This is really quite concerning as presumably the rust mixes with the water which the babies will inevitably be swallowing. Such a shame as generally we have found York a lovely place to visit and this could be another great attraction if only they would spent the money! This pool is also the only one I have ever come across that keeps your 20p pieces in the lockers although given the state of the place they need all the money they can get! Don't waste your time!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

On entering we were informed at reception that they were having a problem with the air conditioning system and that it was quite cold downstairs . We had travelled 40 miles to get there so we decided to give it a go, we thought that it cant be that bad because there were lots of people inside. The air temperature downstairs was very refreshing to say the least, but the worse thing was the temperature of the water, it was so cold. You had to keep moving, or stay in the water or risk hypothermia. There were lots of children and adults shivering with blue lips and goosebumps.
4 showers not working, dirty stained loos, smelly changing cubicles, lots with doors missing!
Lots of rust visible on slides, stairs and water leaking from underneath one of the doughnut pools.
It is such a shame because this could be a fantastic tourist attraction for York, because the slides are really good, this is the only good thing about the place.
The staff are polite but must be embarrassed to be constantly apologising for the dellapidated surroundings.