“Excellent”

The Wacky Warehouse
Ranked #9 of 22 Fun & Games in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Located inside a family-friendly pub, this huge warehouse is full of children's play equipment divided into sections according to age, from the "under-two's" to teens.
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Yesterday I attending a party with my little girl. I would just like to pay a huge thank you to the lady that helped with the party yesterday. She was really happy to help and made it a lovely environment to be in for everyone. She also helped my little girl down the slide and encouraged that she was going to be okay etc. She's a credit to the time. We will defiantly be back as I would like to hold my Daughters 5th birthday party here.

Visited May 2014

Thirsk, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always helpful and happy”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I go to the wacky roughly once a week and the member of staff is always the same. She is a pleasant girl, Siobhan. Always goes that extra mile for every member of our group
We visited on Monday Siobhan was on with cleaning jobs but still happy and chatty. I would rate my visits as very positive and would recommend this place to many others. The food is always outstanding and Siobhan is always smiley when bringing the food from the pub to us. Our children even know her by name now. She is a credit to the company. Look forward to visiting again

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Racheyra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A very Helpful And Pleasant Lady”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was taking my 2 young boys for play and lunch here today and also meeting a close friend of mine who also had 2 young children. when we arrived we were told that we would only have a one hour play due to it been very busy and been half term also so we paid anyway. we went along to the table and the children went of to play. me and my friend went over to the counter and ordereda tea and a coffee and we was greeted by a very nice and also very polite young lady called Siobhan who then served us she was a very out going and a fun lady which made me and my friend feel very welcome. Anyway as our hour started to get closer we decided to ask the staff what the best way to order lunch as the children were getting very hungry so Siobhan said we could order our food at the till in the play area and then she rang through to the main restaurant and asked them to reserve us a table so the food would be ready for us all when we had to leave. When we went through she took us straight to our table which we thought was very kind of her.As we were having lunch we decided that we would pay again to through to the play area as we were very happy with the service that we had and when we arrived we had a fantastic greeting from Siobhan herself and 2 other members of staff called Chloe and Ella. So what was meant to be a very short visit turned out to be a an enjoyable day by us all thankyou so very much again......................

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 270421
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most pleasant visit ever”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I took my two children here today for afternoon play around 3:45pm.

We were greeted by a lovely young lady in a red shirt who explained that they were closing earlier due to a party giving us the option straight away to go in or not. Explained all the safety guides and rules and spent time talking and greeting both my children with the nicest of attitudes.

My daughters were happy playing and the member of staff that was there was constantly cleaning and tidying up wiping down tables.....
I must say it's the cleanest Wacky I've been to with my daughters in a long time... The toilets were clean and there was no dirt on the floors... It was a very calm and inviting environment and the staff were so very welcoming....

I would definitely recommend the wacky warehouse to my family and friends and will definitely be returning. It's clearly a well organised and managed establishment focusing on the childrens needs. Very impressed!!!

2 Thank LucasHarrison
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dirty asylum!!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited this horrendous place today, (30th Dec 2013) with my 3 kids and 2 other members of my family, first of all we went to the flying legends restaurant next door for a meal which was ok, they forgot one of our drinks so I had to wait at the bar again to tell her.

After the meal we all went next door to Wacky Warehouse (Clifton Moor, York) there was no tables to sit at, some had been removed to fit a santa's grotto in so we had to wait at the side near the entrance for a table to become available but one never did! my sister is in a wheelchair so she had to endure people pushing past her all the time.
Then an incident occurred where this 'man' was shouting really loud at a child for a long period of time at the far end of the play area, it was that loud that everyone in the entire warehouse went quiet to see what was going on. It turned out he was shouting at my 6yr old autistic son!!!
the 'man' grabbed hold of his arm and had his face in my son's face and was aggressively shouting at him, my son was very scared, I confronted this 'man' when he sat back at his table, he denied it was him even though everybody saw him, an argument broke out between us.
the point of this is that the staff at Wacky Warehouse, Clifton Moor, York did not intervene at all even though this aggressive abuse was at a child in front of lots of other children.

Anything could have happened. when I told the staff about this 'man', her reply was ' I didn't see anything!' THE WHOLE ROOM SAW IT!!!!!!! except the staff!!!!!!
I think the staff should be more vigilant and open their eyes as to what is going on around them.

Also, the whole place stinks and never looks clean, I have been a few times over the past years and it is just a breeding ground for germs. Personally, I do not wish to pay good money to sit in a germ ridden place full of abusive, deranged scum bags!!!

Visited December 2013