“Watch out for passive-aggressive cyclists”
Review of Riverside Walk

Riverside Walk
Ranked #32 of 59 Tours in York
More attraction details
Owner description: A great way to spend a leisurely summer day is on a walk along the river, which stretches from Ouse Bridge to Lendal Bridge.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

With my soup and bon baguette I decided to take a stroll down the famous york riverside. I thought it would be like my sweet paris... but I was sadly mistaken. As I was walking along, leisurely amongst the english summer heat-wave, I heard the distinct sound of piercing bells behind me, before being violently whizzed past by a hoard of angry cyclists on the narrow path! I was confused as this happened countless times. I thought this was a river WALK? It seems the cyclists are as territorial as a pack of wild dogs, and walkers are not welcome here? It seems the cyclists will not be happy unless you jump in the river! Now remember - Play fair, cyclists!!!

All reviews
"geese"
"flooding"
"scarborough"

Reviewed June 24, 2013

A lovely way to chill out, very peaceful and relaxing. A nice stroll along or a quiet picnic or plenty of places to hire a little boat and have a mess about on the river!

1  Thank TJ H
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a must for your short trip to York. You can walk along the River through the centre of Town and get off at anyone of the three bridges back into York. Just a nice quiet walk beside The River, when Town gets busy.

1  Thank Bob_S_York
Reviewed October 23, 2012

York is lovely for walks by the river (when it's not flooded!) Very peaceful and some nice parks. Take a walk down to the Millennium Bridge on one side, cross over and back up the other side.

1  Thank Hawklord_pxr5
See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went on a walk by the riverside on a red hot day. There were lots of people doing the same thing as us. The water made it feel cooler while we were walking. There are boats and barges along the river, ducks and swans, and lots of seats for the weary walker to rest on. Next time we go to York we'll definitely go to the riverside. Lovely .

2  Thank Patricia R