Abbey Guest House
  • Pool
$174
$136
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$197
$71
$69
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$59
$144
Official Site
All reviewsoverlooking the rivertrain stationbrowniecar parkmuseum gardensshort walkwonderful hostsperfect locationcity centrecomfortable roomstea coffeelovely walkeach morningfull english breakfasta great place to staynice roomlittle touches
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have just returned from my third visit to the Abbey Guest House and, as always, have nothing but praise.
My friend and I enjoy our shopping trips but as one day is never enough, we stay overnight. On arrival we are always made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms are immaculate and there are excellent tea/coffee making facilities available in the room.
Alec ( with his dry repartee ) & Gill are excellent hosts, we always receive a very warm welcome and on arrival are greeted with refreshments including home baked cakes which set us up for a days shopping.
The choice of breakfast is excellent ie fruit, cereal, yoghurt & toast, plus a good English breakfast, all included in the price. There is also free car parking which is a bonus as parking is so expensive in York
As mentioned in previous reviews, the location is excellent, overlooking the river & within easy walking distance of the town centre.
We look forward to many more visits and anyone who gives negative feedback can't have visited the same place
as I. Thanks again Gill & Alec

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank PollyJWilson
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have stayed in York each year for 40 years, including our honeymoon. So we decided to pay a flying vist, as part of our Ruby Wedding celebrations. We are so glad we found Alec and Gill. They gave us a lovely welcome. The bedroom was clean and comfortable, with lots of little extra touches. (I loved the fact that there was lots of tea and coffee)

I'm gluten free and diary free so always bring my own milk. Alec found me a spot in the fridge, which I could access. And for the first time ever in any hotel Alec and Gill provided gluten free bread as part of a delicious breakfast! It made my day.

We really appreciated the free parking.

It took us 40 years to find you, but we'll be back

Sue M

Room Tip: We were in the basic room and it was fine
1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was not our first visit to the Abbey, I think that says it all. As always we got a very warm welcome from alec and Gill our room was lovely and very clean and as usual the breakfast was lovely with so much to choose from hopefully we will be back next year

1  Thank Moira C
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at the abbey guest house for 4 nights and everything was perfect. When we arrived we got freshly baked brownies and some proper ground coffee with a lovely welcome. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was cosy with a feather duvet and pillows and there was a nice couch to sit down and chill out to watch tv at the end of the day. The breakfast was the best I've ever had and there was a lot to choose from with added things daily like hash browns ,black pudding etc so there was always something different everyday. We even got offered salmon. It was also very close to the train station and the town centre which was fantastic for getting around. We will definatly be going back to this b&b and would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank zac l
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from our first trip to England. We stayed at the Abbey Guest House for 2 nights and found it to be a wonderful experience. The owners, Gill and her husband, were very pleasant and helpful. Our room and bath room were spotless. The breakfast was delicious, being near the center of York and the train station are handy, and being right on the river makes for a perfect location. We definitely would and will recommend the Abbey Guest House and would most certainly stay again if and when we are in York.....which is a must see on a trip to England!

Diane and John