Stayed at the Judges for 2 nights in early December and occupied a newly refurbished suite (room 9). Great welcome by the front of house and room spacious and very nice, however there were no robes in the room and room was really chilly due freezing weather and the very large windows (single glazed due to the period of hotel). Front of house quickly resolved both by providing the robes and an extra heater within minutes.Would describe room 9 more as a family room as opposed to a suite because whilst there is a sofa bed there is no formal seating area (e.g to have/eat a room service breakfast). Breakfast was great on Saturday morning but really bad on Sunday morning. On Sunday, we eventually had to ask for toast (25 mins after getting our hot drinks). When the breakfast arrived after a delay, the bacon was seriously undercooked. The waitress agreed & took the bacon away to be cooked further and then we noticed the fried eggs were virtually raw too with glutinous white and barely sealed,cold yolks. The waitress did note our frustration with an apology and asked if we would like a fresh breakfast cooked but by this point we were so hungry and frustrated that we declined and just ate what was properly cooked on our plates and our now cold toast !. Nothing further was said on the matter despite the waitress confirming she had brought it to the attention of the kitchen and front of house. Check out was very smooth and friendly (albeit with no ref to our poor breakfast). Would definately recommend The Judges as the staff, location and beautiful building make for a great welcoming stay, however like previous guests have said, you do take your chances with the breakfast. Its a real shame as this could so easily be rectified, and would turn a great stay into a fantastic one !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York