This hotel had been sold in the week between my booking and my arrival. The bar was closed and no cooked breakfast. Although I was told on booking that all rooms had wifi in fact the rooms upstairs upstairs do not have wifi. The helpful staff did move me to a room closer to reception where the router was located but I still could not get signal. The hotel is a lovely old building with much character and has been nicely decorated. The rooms are big enough and the bathrooms lovely. It's an adequate hotel for a night or two but for my stay it lacked a bar and communal areas where other travellers would gather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York