“Absolutely fabulous”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I’ve eaten at quite a few Moroccan restaurants in the past, but none were particularly memorable. So Tassili, at which I ate for the first time last night, was an unexpected and very welcome surprise. The couscous was absolutely fantastic – the best I’ve ever eaten. The meatballs were delicious as were the merguez sausages. We followed our fabulous mains with baklava and rose-water mint tea which were equally delightful.

I feel it was excellent value for money at around £25 per head and the service was very friendly throughout. The meal was faultless in every respect. I really can’t praise them enough! Tassili is one of the best restaurants in York and I urge everyone to visit.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Alain023

London
“TOP”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I can't rate this restaurant highly enough. The welcome was magnificent; the food a delight; the owner a real character with so much to talk about, really charming and fantastically tolerant of our children's running around. Just outside the City walls, it's a must-go place if you like Moroccan/North African food. Excellent.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank mindyourhotel
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Excellent cuisine and service at Tassili”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our first visit to Tassili whilst visiting York. The food was excellent and service provided by Faris was first class. The restaurant has a very authentic Moroccan feel to it from the stylish decor to the traditional tagine dishes the main meals are served in. We shared houmous as a starter and for our mains ordered the mediterranean king prans and kefta tagine. Faris - many thanks for making our visit so enjoyable. We will visit again ! Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ben M
Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
“Moroccan Delight”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just had a fantastic evening at Tassili.
The service and food outstanding.
The decor is lovely and the food divine.
The portions are perfect.
You must try the honey mint tea.
We will be back for sure.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ben B
London
“Definitely worth all the money”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you're like me and ever want to escape the mundanities of Pizza Express and Strada, then this is the place to go. I have visited Morocco a number of times now, and I can honestly say you are instantly swept into a different world: authentic music and aromas, inspired decor, welcoming staff, and above all excellent food. The food is homemade (I would particular recommend the humous!) with ingredients imported from Morocco or coming daily from one of the only Moroccan grocers in the North (based in Leeds), and you can certainly tell. On most nights it's packed out and the atmosphere is vibrant though even when it isn't the staff are good companions. It is certainly quite pricey, but then considered the origin of the ingredients and the quality, I would not mind paying even more to come back again.

• Visited November 2012