“You can order a posh fish finger off the menu haha”
Review of The Lowther

The Lowther
Ranked #315 of 909 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: International, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved this pub. From outside it doesn't look anything special but once inside it looks amazing. Food was great im a great fan of a fish finger sandwich and couldn't believe they had it on the menu. Only thing I will say is the white wine wasn't cold. And the view was amazing

Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit (and your fish finger sandwich!) and very much hope you will visit us again, if you should wish to contact us in the future please do not hesitate to email me, my email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com thank you again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Really impressed with every aspect of this pub. Music is fantastic and the staff are all friendly and helpful.
5 stars!!!

Thank you for such an excellent review! We are all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Lowther and very much hope you will visit us again. If you ever wish to contact us in the future please do not hesitate to do so, my email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com Thank you again!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited on Saturday night, walked in and was immediately impressed by the recent refurb. Went straight to the bar to get some drinks, 6 bar staff, and only a steady queue of people.. 30 minutes later, still no drinks and not even any acknowledgement from the bar staff. They seemed like they didn't quite grasp the concept of the 'queuing system'. I.e they were there first so I'll serve them next.. I got that sick of waiting I left and went elsewhere. The staff didn't really seem to be in a hurry about anything and even asking one another how to make drinks which is pretty poor in my eyes. I certainly won't be hurrying back.

1  Thank Chris B
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us on this occasion. We understand that Saturday was a little hectic, it was our reopening weekend and we have recently taken on a lot of new staff. We are hoping that things will be much more settled for the coming weekend, and hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future. Please accept my deepest apologies for the wait, and if you would like to discuss this matter further I would be more than happy to help. My email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

It has become religion to get off the bus and head straight to Lowther for drinks before heading to the clubs. Great atmosphere, good prices and nice layout provide the perfect pub for socializing and having a laugh.

'Jordan M'

Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you very much for such a positive review! We are very happy you enjoy your visits to our establishment, and very much hope you will continue to visit. Make sure you pop down for some drinks before heading to the clubs again when the new bar opens (should be the end of March!!) We very much hope you will enjoy it just as much!

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Great for a night out catered to everyone. Good deals and friendly staff. Sunday carvery is the bees knees! Great in summer to sit out when kings arms is rammed!!!! We love the lowther!!!!

cazamania, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you very much for such a great review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy visiting our establishment, and very much hope to see you again in the near future! We are especially grateful to our repeat customers at this difficult time, so once again thank you very much for your support!!