“Great food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Even though we went on a busy Saturday night, service was good. The food was brilliant. The menu was varied and the price reasonable. The Family Nan is a must if eating as a group of 3 or more.

1  Thank andymt1965

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We found Jinnah on tripadviser. We decided to try the buffet menu. Poppadoms and pickle tray then a variety of different things for starter and then your main course from the buffet served with rice and naan. Really enjoyed the meal it was great value and the service was also good. Will definatly go again when in York.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

After finding Jinnah on trip advisor, we were hungry and looking for a good curry. We were not disappointed in any way. The service was fast and the waiters were polite. Not long after we sat down, we were eating from the £10 or so, diverse, all-you-can-eat buffet. There was a £2.50 surcharge for not clearing your plate. We ordered a naan between 4 of us, it was more than big enough, almost like a curtain across our table.

Due to the quality of the food none of us were tempted to pay the £2.50 surcharge. All round, it was a more than pleasant experience and we would go again willingly

1  Thank GerryBaboona
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I read some of the reviews - good and bad, before going here. I also looked at the list of dishes for Grand Kahmiri Buffet in the window (you can order a la carte as well). However, it appears that the list is only an example of the dishes you can find, as none of them appeared on the night I went! But they were replaced with similar dishes.
The starters were delivered to the table (no choice) but were really good and plentiful. I was nearly full after them, alone! Then as we chose the buffet dishes for our main, a gigantic naan bread, hanging on a stand, was delivered to the table. Wow (someone has added a photo of this on Tripadvisor). It was delicious hot, and I don't really like naan normally!
I felt that as they have 'mild', medium and hot, and have to have a vegetarian curry in each category, that it didn't leave too many meat/fish selections to try. (I really only eat 'mild', but as there was only one real option to try, I tried a medium bit too, but came back to the mild one, which was really nice. I felt it good value, however I had expected more main dishes to try. Nice for the money though. You can also get a glass of squash/cordial too, which was nice. And we were also asked what we thought of the food and how we came there etc, which was also good.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had the buffet, which was fantastic with a wide range of different curries. The staff were really friendly and very helpful. Loved it......

1  Thank gahan50